Job Title: Finance Assistant – ZOA Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: ZOA Uganda
Job Location: Uganda
Reports to: Finance and Admin Associate Manager
ZOA Uganda Profile:
ZOA is an international NGO that inspired by Christian identity and biblical message of reconciliation and restoration of a broken world with its headquarters in the Netherlands. ZOA operate in fifteen countries on and on three continents. At ZOA we provide relief to people affected by conflict or natural disasters, contribute to a new perspective of hope in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities we work on the recovery of their livelihoods.
The Finance Assistant is responsible for effective financial support to ZOA Uganda, in particular the duty station of West Nile office.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Ensure smooth running of the financial (cash)transactions, documentation and administration of the ZOA country office;
- Support the field offices with the day to day finance tasks;
- Support country office and field offices in keeping well documented financial administration both soft- and hard-copy;
- Support management in compliance to donor regulation, local government regulation and ZOA regulations.
- Responsible for the quality of financial (cash)operations of the office;
- Ensures timely transactions for authorized payments;
- Ensures that all payments are properly supported and authorized; ensuring receipts/proof of payment are also retrieved and filed;
- Maintain a proper filing system (soft- and hard-copy) for all payment vouchers and finance related documents;
- Ensures the availability of cash and/or bank ledgers (ERP & excel);
- Shall timely present reconciliations of respective ledgers upon request;
- Posts all finance transactions into ERP timely and ensure their correctness;
- Responsible to main the monthly finance control sheet; responsible for generation, checks and balances, and monthly finalization;
- Any other duty as assigned by the supervisor or other senior Management.
Minimum Qualifications for ZOA Uganda Jobs 2022
- The ideal applicant must hold a Degree or diploma in Finance, Business Administration or any related field;
- Proven relevant work experience in finance and administration is added advantage;
- Good knowledge of financial practices;
- Fluent command of English;
- Preferably some cross cultural experience in a development setting.
- Result-oriented approach, initiates but also makes sure that initiatives come to a satisfactory result;
- Pro-active, instead of reactive;
- Puts first things first, knows how to prioritize and achieves this with a personal touch;
- Dares to push ‘the panic button’ when she/he sees that things are going wrong;
- Flexible conduct;
- Customer-friendly attitude;
- Good communicator.
- Some travel may be required for in country.
How To Apply for ZOA Uganda Jobs 2022
All suitably qualified and interested candidates online at the link below.
Deadline: 24th January 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.