Youth Challenge International Jobs 2022 – Fresher HerStart Innovate the Future Podcast Producer
August 11, 2022
Job Title: HerStart Innovate the Future Podcast Producer – Youth Challenge International Jobs 2022
Organization: Youth Challenge International (YCI)
Contract Type: Consultant
Commitment: Contract, end date March 31, 2023 (renewable)
Location: This is a remote position, and we will consider applications from consultants based in: Canada, Ghana, Uganda and Tanzania
Compensation: Total budget $7,200 ($600 per unit production at 12 units)
Start Date: September 2022
Youth Challenge International (YCI) Profile
Youth Challenge International (YCI) is a leading global youth development organization that promotes youth innovation to drive positive change. Together with our partners, we create market-ready solutions that catapult youth around the world to succeed and prosper. Driven by youth and their potential to affect positive change in the world, our solutions are focused – always keeping the young people we are designing for and with at the centre of the conversation. Our approach is rooted in creativity and constantly evolving to respond to changing needs and market realities. YCI is an organization where diversity and talent come together to shape a better future for youth around the world.
HerStart Innovate the Future
Launched in September 2020, HerStart: Innovate the Future is an initiative developed by YCI to catalyze a more equitable and prosperous economy within Ghana,Tanzania and Uganda. The program includes training and support for aspiring entrepreneurs and aims to engage 10,000 young women to participate in the design and development of innovative solutions to the challenges that their communities face through social entrepreneurship.
Through the HerStart HerStory Podcast Series, YCI shares women’s journeys to social entrepreneurship and explores how they are creating sustainable social impact. With the goal of driving awareness and engagement for the program, promoting social entrepreneurship and advancing Canada’s Feminist International Assistance Policy’s (FIAP) key action areas – gender equality, environment and climate change, and human rights and inclusion. Topics include the program’s approach, inspiring stories of women entrepreneurs and program participants, the innovative work of partners and the volunteer experience.
Visit herstart.org to learn more about the program and the podcast series.
YCI is looking for a creative and tech-savvy consultant to support the implementation of the HerStory Podcast Series and produce episodes with YCI’s global teams to share the impact of the HerStart program.
If you have 2+ years audio production experience in podcasting, enjoy working with youth and have a passion for advancing gender equality, climate action, social entrepreneurship, and the power of women-led businesses, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
This is your chance to help take YCI’s new podcast series to the next level, by sharing the unique stories of the young women participating in the HerStart program who are shaping the social entrepreneurship ecosystem and leading change in their communities in Ghana, Tanzania and Uganda!
Reporting to YCI’s Communications Manager, the Podcast Producer will research, develop, produce and support implementation of a podcast series strategy and content plan to help drive program objectives and Canadian public engagement in Canada’s international development efforts.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Training sessions: Lead virtual training sessions to support content development and help volunteers interview and record program participants, staff, other volunteers and partners to share their stories. Delivery is ongoing throughout the contract. The first (remote) training session to be delivered in early September, 2022.
- Production: Produce 12 podcast episodes between September 2022 and March 2023, including scripting, booking guests, scheduling and running recording sessions, and editing and mixing complete episodes; Work remotely in collaboration with team members, partners and volunteers in Canada, Ghana, Tanzania and Uganda to best leverage podcasts to drive program objectives. Delivery by March 31, 2023.
- Advising positioning and promotions strategies:Support the development and execution of the HerStory Podcast Series positioning and promotions strategies and implementation plan, leveraging best practices with a focus on engaging Canadians in international development and YCI’s HerStart program, more specifically. Target completion by October 31, 2022.
Note: Production for this series of episodes are scheduled to start in September 2022, and run until March 2023.
- You are a self-starter with 2+ years of experience in audio production experience in podcasting
- You have excellent audio-editing skills, great ideas and sound editorial judgment
- You are proficient with field recording equipment and hardware; you possess exceptional organization and communication skills and are attentive to detail
- You are interested in or passionate about international development, gender equality, climate action and/or social entrepreneurship
- You have flexibility in your schedule (able to record, interview and run training across different time zones)
- You are a cross-cultural communicator with an inclusive and global mindset
- You have superb written and verbal English skills (bonus if you know French and/or Swahili too!)
- Your experience living and/or volunteering in Sub-Saharan Africa is a definite asset!
How To Apply for Youth Challenge International Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: August 11, 2022, 11:59 p.m. EDT.
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.