Search For Jobs offers in Uganda
Job Title: Information Technology officer – YADNET Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Youth Advocacy and Development Network (YADNET) Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala
Reports to: IT Manager
Contract length: Three years with the possibility of extension depending on the satisfactory performance, meeting the organization targets.
YADNET Uganda Profile:
The Youth & Teenage centre model will be the deliverable of the network to all youth in Uganda. The network will set up a model Youth centre in Kampala in the first year of the strategic plan and later extend the model to other regions in Uganda (Gulu(North), Mbarara(West), Lira(West-Nile), Mbale(East), Moroto (Karamoja region) and Hoima (Albertine region). These Youth & Teenage centres will be run by member organizations and operationalized by the network secretariat.
Develop plans for IT projects, determining factors such as project scope, specifications, costs, work plans, and materials. Manage the implementation of projects relating to a company’s software, hardware, networks, or other IT systems.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Ensuring smooth operations of the Information Technology system and the quality assurance of the service provided
• Establish, maintain and constantly update the organization communication and data management platforms and channels such as websites and social media.
• Provides IT support, training, and orientation for new technology users
• Offer troubleshooting, support, and repair when IT equipment or networks malfunction
• Provide phone, live chat, or in-person support, depending on the organization’s scope
• Document daily tasks, training, and support sessions to inform the department and organization better regarding IT support needs
• Maintain records of hardware and software inventory
• Assists with maintaining information security through controlled hardware or
software installation and staff education
• Honors Bachelors’ Degree in Information Technology; or Information Systems; or Library and Information Science from a recognized University / Institution.
• At least 3 years experience in Information Technology/Communication support, telephony systems, wide and local area networks including experience with common-carrier data networks; Microsoft and/or Cisco Network Certification or other network certification.
• Experience in Windows server configurations (ADDS, DNS, Group Policy, DHCP, print server, WSUS, Windows backup, etc), server virtualization, high availability and load balancing configuration and other windows server installations
Closing Date: 26th March 2021 at 5 pm
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.