Search For Jobs offers in Uganda
Job Title: Accountant – YADNET Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Youth Advocacy and Development Network (YADNET) Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala
Reports to: Finance and Admin
Contract length: Three years with the possibility of extension depending on the satisfactory performance, meeting the organization targets.
YADNET Uganda Profile:
The Youth & Teenage centre model will be the deliverable of the network to all youth in Uganda. The network will set up a model Youth centre in Kampala in the first year of the strategic plan and later extend the model to other regions in Uganda (Gulu(North), Mbarara(West), Lira(West-Nile), Mbale(East), Moroto (Karamoja region) and Hoima (Albertine region). These Youth & Teenage centres will be run by member organizations and operationalized by the network secretariat.
The role will involve preparing accounts and tax returns. administering payrolls and controlling income and expenditure. auditing financial information.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Preparing accounts and tax returns for the organization in addition to filing returns to URA and NSSF
• Administering payrolls and controlling income and expenditure
• Support and organize the institutional and project-specific Audits
• Ensure periodic and annual financial reports are made and submitted to management on time.
• Compiling and presenting reports, budgets, business plans, commentaries and financial statements to senior management.
• Providing tax planning services with reference to current legislation
• Periodically conduct financial forecasting and risk analysis
• Ensure project budgets expenditures are well tracked and monitored
• An Honors Degree in Business, Finance or Commerce from a recognized university/institution
• Registered student of one of the professional accountancy body such as ACCA or CPA
• Proven integrity and confidentiality in handling public resources and in executing duties
• A high level of interpersonal, management skills and ability to work with teams
• Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
• Computer literate in MS, Internet, Powerpoint, etc
How To Apply for
Closing Date: 26th March 2021 at 5pm
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.