Job Title: Driver, Bundibugyo Cluster – World Vision Uganda Vacancies
Organization: World Vision Uganda
Job Location: Bundibugyo
Report to: Programme Coordinator
World Vision Uganda Profile:
World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries.
To drive authorized passengers, transport goods and services (information) and check the mechanical condition of the World Vision vehicle regularly and act accordingly in line with World Vision policies.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Drive World Vision vehicles/authorized passengers to specified destinations as approved by the supervisor in line with World Vision vehicle usage policy.
- Deliver packages, goods and mails and any other information to specified people, places and offices in line with World Vision policies.
- Check the vehicle status/condition e.g. engine oil, water, nuts, battery water, license, Third Party Insurance, brakes, tyre pressure e.t.c prior to any journey and carry out regular vehicle repairs e.g. correcting hard start, tightening bolts and nuts, topping up battery water, e.t.c in line with World Vision policy. Maintain the hygiene of the vehicle
- Report all major and minor damages and accidents on the vehicle at hand to the supervisor in line with World Vision vehicle policies.
- Monitor the security of the vehicle, authorized passengers and luggage in line with the vehicle policy.
- Record and maintain a travel log to record areas travelled to, travel time, and work hours
- Dress professionally and in accordance with the company’s dress code.
- Prepare and submit vehicle monthly reports in line with the World Vision Vehicle Policy.
- The driver shall strictly observe Traffic Rules and Regulation and maximum speed limit as prescribed by the traffic regulatory authority.
- Observe and maintain the regular working hours and at the all-time park the vehicle at the designated parking area.
- Holds O level certificate.
- Holds a valid driving permit.
- Has three years of driving experience.
- Mechanical Knowledge is required
- First Aid skills are required
- Knowledge of safe road use is needed
- Ability to prioritize work in relation to need and urgency.
- Working knowledge of fax machine, photocopier, computer and telephone preferred.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English
- Perform other duties as required.
How To Apply for World Vision Uganda Vacancies
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should submit their applications via the link below.
Click here to apply
Deadline: 7th March 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.