Job Title: Temporary Assistant Accountant COUPA Services – World Vision Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: World Vision International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Finance Officer – Disbursements & Cash management
World Vision International Profile:
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
The role of the Temporary Assistant Accountant, Coupa services is to perform daily invoicing functions within the accounting department. The Assistant Accountant will support Accounts payable and accounts receivable by generating accurate, complete, and timely invoices using COUPA system.
Roles and responsibilities of World Vision Uganda Jobs 2022:
- Reviewing all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- To research and fix billing errors. They issue debit and credit items to resolve these errors, will actively work with other staff to get needed documents and respond to customer requests outside of a normal billing period.
- Prepare vouchers, receipts, and checks by entering details into a company’s financial system.
- On a daily basis, submit invoices to shared services, maintain a record of collected payments, sent invoices, and updated customer information.
Financial planning & budget management:
- Performing day to day financial transactions review in ProVision, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording of accounts payables data.
- Direct invoice creation in the ProVision System
- Reconciling vendor statements, correct discrepancies.
- Reconcile the accounts payables ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Generate financial statements and reports detailing accounts payable status.
- Compiles all invoices financial year end accounts for posting in sun.
- Providing support to all accountants, answer questions, and solve billing issues.
- Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending bill reminders to colleagues and contacting supplies; initial review of mobile money payment requests.
- Reconcile accounts in a timely manner
- Plan for and assist with preparation of wires and check payments.
- Provide support for annual organizational audit as well as project audits as relevant.
Qualifications for World Vision Uganda Jobs 2022
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, and Accounting.
- Accounting Certification (ACCA / CPA) (1st or 2nd level)
- Previous working knowledge and experience of SUN accounting software
- At least 2 years relevant technical and business work experience
- Knowledge of NGO donors and their financial reporting requirements
- Ability to communicate with vendors, clients, and other staff to resolve billing inaccuracies.
- Positive attitude and attentive to detail.
- Ability to work both independently and in conjunction with other team members to achieve common objectives
- Excellent multitasker with ability to prioritize and execute many assignments in quick and efficient manner.
- Experience of working in the field (communities)
- Knowledge of project management and project cycles
- Additional professional qualifications
- Excellent computer skills with high proficiency in Microsoft excel
How To Apply for World Vision Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 19th April 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.