Job Title: Consortium Finance Coordinator – World Vision Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: World Vision International
Duty Station: Arua, Uganda
Report to: SUPREM Programme Manager
World Vision International Profile:
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
The purpose of this role is to provide overall leadership and management of the “(“EU SUPREME grant”), in all financial aspects by promoting financial stewardship, accountability, reliability and accuracy of financial information to be used by EU SUPREME and WV leadership for decision making. Experience in a financial coordination role, in managing complex budgets and diverse partners as well as knowledge of EU donor standards and regulations are key requirements for carrying out this role successfully.
Roles and responsibilities of World Vision Uganda Jobs 2022:
Budget planning and management
- Oversee grants budget management for all implementing partners
- Consolidate funding needs of all partners and ensure funds for activity is disbursed on a timely basis
- Implement grant tracking / monitoring system.
- Monitor budget performance of the grant and ensure any significant issue is highlighted for management attention
- Build a strong and effective financial management in areas of budgeting, accounting, reporting and communicate effectively to stakeholders
Financial accountability and reporting
- Ensure appropriate and accurate grant financial reports are prepared, consolidated and submitted to stakeholders on a monthly basis.
- Monitor grant expenditures, alert management on irregularities, recommend action plan as required.
- Meet periodically with relevant Operations and Programme managers to review grant reports
- Monitor grant status, revisions, reporting, etc.
Risk Management and Controls
- Ensure adequate preparation for both internal and external audits and ensure responses are sent on time and recommendations are implemented.
- Ensure compliance with WV financial policies and donor requirements, including LDRs, Block Party Screening etc.
- Assess, evaluate and make recommendations on internal controls to ensure effective risk management.
- Maintain appropriate Grant files and follow up to ensure partners are doing the same.
- Train / build capacity of Grants finance staff.
- Build the financial/grants management capacity of partners to ensure sound financial management and donor requirements compliance.
- Participate/Facilitate grants startup workshops and ensure specific donor requirements are understood by both finance and program/operations staff.
Coordination & Networking
- Coordinate with NO Finance leadership on critical issues such as funding, PBAS commitment and budget posting in Sun Systems.
- Coordinate with Supply Chain on preparation and implementation of procurement plan to facilitate urgent sourcing of project materials.
- Liaise with partners regarding grant/budgetary issues.
- Develop good networks and strategic relationships with implementing partners, other NGO,
- Participate in the senior management/ Leadership team meetings and represent finance department.
- Prepare and give presentations in Steering Committee Meetings and in meetings with the Donor.
- Provide leadership to the finance department team members of the Consortium and ensure smooth running & efficient delivery of services, including the chairing of the relevant Finance committees.
- Adhere to WVI key policy documents – mission, core values, and covenant of partnership.
- Attend and participate in spiritual nurture meetings / devotions as scheduled
Qualifications for World Vision Uganda Jobs 2022
- University degree in Accounting or Finance, Chartered Accountant
- 2-5 years’ experience in a senior field Finance / Accounting role, preferably with
- Proven experience in the financial management of complex grants
- Extensive Computer knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Vision Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SUN Accounting and Access is required.
- Must have proven knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Internal Control Procedures.
- Written and Oral Communication skills are essential, and the incumbent must be a team builder, who is able to work successfully in a multicultural environment.
- A high level of integrity is required
- Experience of working in the field (communities)
- Knowledge of project management and project cycles
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Track record demonstrating high integrity, innovativeness, creativity, reliability and dependable
- Proactive personality, self-driven and strongly motivated.
- Spiritual maturity, interfaith knowledge and a biblical worldview – ability to articulate and model our Christian identity and mission in an inclusive way.
- Ensure a gender perspective in the scope of work and passion for children.
- Grants Finance management
- Ability to train staff
- Able to focus on the big picture while monitoring small details
- Flexible and adaptable
- Able to represent WV in meetings and with external stake holders
- Cross-cultural sensitivity
- Able to work in a stressful environment
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Able contribute to team building environment
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Willing to attend and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
- Perform other duties as required.
How To Apply for World Vision Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to join our Telegram Channel using the Link: https://t.me/fresherjobsug