Job Title: Farmer Managed Natural Regeneration Specialist – World Vision Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: World Vision International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Technical Lead (Resilience and Livelihood)
World Vision International Profile:
World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
The Farmer Managed Natural Regeneration Specialist will be responsible for ensuring quality and effective implementation of the Farmer Managed Natural Regeneration model as a restoration approach across the consortium by ensuring trainings, standard tools and best practices are understood and implemented throughout the consortium by the partner staff and volunteers.
Roles and responsibilities for World Vision Uganda Jobs 2022:
30% – Ensure planning, monitor and ensure standards and quality in implementation of technical models and approaches
- Ensure livelihood technical programming, quality assurance and compliance to donor requirements and regulations.
- Support ongoing project assessment and design processes based on findings from Baseline report, including indicators, targeting and alignment.
- Take part in livelihood technical capacity building of project staff, partner staff and other key stakeholders, as required
- Formulate strategies/activities for sound sustainable management of natural resources and ensure that they are effectively implemented on time and within budget.
- Offer technical support to ensure integration of sound natural resource management considerations into the District Environment Action Plan and development plans
- Support development of annual project activity plans, updated quarterly in collaboration with key departments and external stakeholders, and oversee implementation to high standards by scope & timelines
- Provide expertise and technical assistance in agronomy and agribusiness, FMNR, climate smart agriculture, IGA, DRR and Natural Resource Management across the consortium.
- Promote use/adoption of modern farming practice and techniques through training, advising farmers, farm visits and demonstrations to transform targeted families from subsistence to commercial farmers in line with GoU policy.
- Promote new smart climate technologies and approaches as necessary with possibilities of scaling-up and replication.
- Promote environment educational activities and resources to target audience through leaflets, sign post brochures;
- Promote restoration of the depleted forest cover through tree-planting at household and community levels.
- Support the established demonstration plots to act as learning and multiplication sites for farmer groups.
- Enforce participatory selection of beneficiaries, prioritization of enterprises, life skills awareness raising, and capacity building of the groups.
- Work with Project Officers to identify technical capacity gaps and challenges for beneficiaries in agronomy, business development and income generating activities
- Ensure core project models and approaches are implemented according to schedule and minimum standards.
- Better living conditions for the affected persons as they will be able to meet most of their basic needs.
- Awareness created among different stakeholders on WVI interventions in the area.
- Improved farmers’ knowledge on sustainable natural resources management for enhanced production and productivity.
- Participate and contribute in livelihood and environment coordination meetings to support the project
30% – Stakeholders engagement, networking and collaboration
- Work with partners across the consortium partners to ensure coordination of activities with other stakeholders especially government line ministries (Ministry of water and environment and ministry of Agriculture Animal Industries and Fisheries.
- Participate in stakeholder engagements during planning and reelection of implementation meetings.
- Build technical capacity of consortium partners to engage in protection and conservation of environment.
- Participate in quarterly review meetings to reflect on approaches, tools, impact of interventions, best practices, exit and sustainability strategies as well as create opportunities for action-learning
- Facilitate integration of the project with other Resilience and Livelihood on going activities across the consortium.
- Organizing periodic field planning meetings with consortium partners to guide effective implementation
- Improved relationship between World Vision, UNHCR livelihood focal persons and local government line departments.
- Strong cohesion among saving and development clusters.
- Improved farmers’ knowledge on good agronomic practices for enhanced production and productivity.
15% – Linkage, networking, collaboration and mentorship
- Work in liaison with the relevant agencies, institutions and individuals to promote environmental management for mitigating environmental damage
- Provide consistent and regular business support, mentoring and follow up to enterprises including production support to ensure a successful enterprise
- Conduct regular scoping of business, identify gaps and take measures to fill the gaps to reduce business failure
- Support enterprises to have access to loan to ensure expansion or diversification
- Support nature based
- enterprises to have access to business input
- Identify opportunities for nature based value addition of products and provide instant training to project participants
- Effective working relationships with key external sources of technical expertise for capacity building.
- Improved farmers’ knowledge on good business management skills.
- Increased business opportunities for project participants
- improved market access for project participants
15% – Documentation, Reporting and knowledge management
- Support preparation and review of monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports, and special reports requiring technical input and any other reports when necessary to his/her supervisor in a timely manner.
- Work closely with Project Manager; to prepare realistic annual and quarterly work plans
- Work with Project Manager & MEAL Officer, compile and submit timely quarterly and annual reports on sustainable environment and natural management
- Support Annual review of progress towards project objectives
- Support documentation and sharing of impact/success stories and best practices to promote learning
- Support documentation of quality reports submitted timely on monthly, quarterly, Biannually or annual basis.
- Technical coaching plan developed and applied for all project participants
- Project achievements, successes and lesson learned shared
10% – Child Protection and Wellbeing
- Monitor the wellbeing and child abuse cases and report any incidents in line with child protection policy and guidelines
- Work with local leaders to protect children from child violations and abuses
- Sensitize children including most vulnerable, guardians/parents and other stakeholders about children’s rights and responsibilities.
- Child protection integrated into livelihoods interventions to ensure child safety and reduce/ eliminate child abuse and exploitation among all stakeholders.
Minimum Qualifications for World Vision Uganda Jobs 2022:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Natural Resources, Environmental Sciences, Forestry, Agro-Forestry, Agriculture or other relevant field is a requirement. (A post graduate degree in a relevant thematic area is an added advantage).
- Broad knowledge and understanding of emerging sustainable and appropriate natural resource management practices, energy technologies and renewable energy. An experience in implementing Farmer Managed Natural Regeneration and agroforestry programs is strongly desired.
- Broad knowledge of supporting a comprehensive approach to biodiversity, community participatory approaches, disaster risk reduction and/or climate change.
- At least three years’ experience working with vulnerable communities and familiarity with development programming and implementation.
- Proven facilitation skills and experience in facilitating technical trainings for different categories of participants.
- Technical skills: academic and/or direct programming experience and expertise in at least three of the following thematic areas is required: natural resources, environmental management, climate change, mitigation and adaptation, financial inclusion/micro-finance, value chain development, small enterprise development, emergency livelihoods programming,
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in field-based programme management roles working in natural resources, environment and food security with International NGOs or local government.
- Experience with relevant technical models such as farmer managed natural regeneration, savings for transformation, building secure livelihoods, enabling rural innovations, local value chain development and ultra-poor graduation.
- Experience in Programme Designing, Assessments, Monitoring & Evaluation.
- Acquaintance with donor relations and evidence based programing
- Capacity in relationship management/networking, and coordination is essential.
- Good interpersonal skills, strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proven conceptual & analytical skills, ability to take an evidence-based approach to program design.
- Proven facilitation skills and track record demonstrating high integrity, innovativeness, creativity, reliability and dependable
- Proactive personality, self-driven and strongly motivated.
- Track record demonstrating high integrity, innovativeness, creativity, reliability and dependable
How To Apply for World Vision Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 29th July 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.