Job Title: 3 Drivers (Tororo Cluster, UNHCR Project and MOFA Project Adjumani) – World Vision Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: World Vision International
Duty Station: Tororo District (1), Yumbe District (1) and Adjumani District (1)
Reports to: Programme Manager / Child Protection Coordinator / Project Manager
World Vision International Profile:
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
To drive authorized passengers, transport goods and services (information) and check the mechanical condition of the World Vision vehicle regularly and act accordingly in line with World Vision policies.
Roles and responsibilities of World Vision Uganda Jobs 2022:
- Drive World Vision vehicles/authorized passengers to specified destinations as approved by the supervisor in line with World Vision vehicle usage policy.
- Deliver packages, goods and mails and any other information to specified people, places and offices in line with World Vision policies.
- Check the vehicle status/condition e.g. engine oil, water, nuts, battery water, license, Third Party Insurance, brakes, tyre pressure e.t.c prior to any journey and carry out regular vehicle repairs e.g. correcting hard start, tightening bolts and nuts, topping up battery water, e.t.c in line with World Vision policy. Maintain the hygiene of the vehicle
- Report all major and minor damages and accidents on the vehicle at hand to the supervisor in line with World Vision vehicle policies.
- Monitor the security of vehicle, authorized passengers and luggage in line with the vehicle policy.
- Record and maintain a travel log to record areas travelled to, travel time, and work hours
- Dress professionally and in accordance with company’s dress code.
- Prepare and submit vehicle monthly reports in line with the World Vision Vehicle Policy.
- The driver shall strictly observe Traffic Rules and Regulation and maximum speed limit as prescribed by the traffic regulatory authority.
- Observe and maintain the regular working hours and at all-time park the vehicle at the designated parking area.
Qualifications for World Vision Uganda Jobs 2022
- Holds O level certificate.
- Holds a valid driving permit.
- Has three years of driving experience.
- Mechanical Knowledge is required
- First Aid skills are required
- Knowledge on safe road use is needed
- Ability to prioritize work in relation to need and urgency.
- A working knowledge of fax machine, photocopier, computer and telephone preferred.
- Attend and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English
- Perform other duties as required.
How To Apply for World Vision Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 17th March 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to join our Telegram Channel using the Link: https://t.me/fresherjobsug