Organization: World Vision International
Duty Station: Yumbe, Uganda
Reports to: Response Operations Manager
World Vision International Profile:
World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Contribute to achieving learning outcomes for children in conflict affected areas of Terego, Madi Okollo and Lamwo through planning, monitoring and implementing the EQUATE Project activities in line with the design and donor requirements; and supporting the roll out of best practices and models in a manner that promotes ownership and sustainability.
Roles and responsibilities:
Project planning and implementation
- Plan and coordinate all district based project activities in consultant with the project coordinator
- Supervise and monitor ongoing school based project activities.
- Ensure quality in rolling out of education project models ensuring sufficient funds allocated to particular activities in annual plans
- Ensure that teachers and field facilitators are supported in breaking down models into simpler work breakdown structures for easy implementation
- Track and manage activity budgets and ensure timely and cost effective project implementation.
- Produce timely, accurate, compliant and quality reports
- Participant in project management meetings and reflection forums
- Support and participate in district education Advocacy initiatives
- Ensure cross cutting themes are mainstreamed in education project.
Technical support and training
- Develop a district capacity building plan and mobilize participants for capacity building
- Mobilization of and conducting trainings to build capacities on supporting enrolment, retention and completion
- Provide mentoring and coaching to teachers and district staff to build local capacity for understanding and connecting with community linkages.
- Identify technical experts to train district and community group
- Liaise with the Project coordinator for technical support on capacity building
Partnership and networking
- Identify and build linkages, relations, collaborations and networks with partners and other stakeholders in implementation at the District level.
- Mobilization of teachers and parents for project activities
- Participate and represent WVU in key technical working forums at district and in the settlement
- Point of contact for consultation on issues to do with project education programming in the district/settlement
- Conduct advocacy campaigns for education in general and positive parenting for learning
Documentation and Reporting
- Conduct community mapping and peer group mapping in preparation for project activities
- Effectively document all information related to Education in Emergencies in schools and AEPs
- Responsible for documenting individual children vulnerabilities and indicators related to development of children
- Document good practices and project success stories and share them
- A Bachelors Degree in Education, social science or any related field
- 2 years practical experience in education programming preferably in an INGO
- Good Training facilitation and coordination skills
- Excellent monitoring documentation and evaluation skills
- Experience in conducting school mapping and report writing
- Experience in working with teachers and school management committees
- Experience at working with refugee settlements is an added advantages
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Highly motivated to achieve quality results and service
- Demonstrated accountability and integrity
- Ability to communicate effectively
- A good team player
- Ability to work with communities in a refugee settlement
- Willingness to stay upcountry
- Ability to ride a motorcycle is a MUST
How To Apply for World Vision Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 13th July 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.