Job Title: Fresher Child Protection Information Management Assistant – World Vision Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: World Vision Uganda
Duty Station: Adjumani
Report to: Child Protection Information Management Systems Facilitator
World Vision Uganda Profile:
World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
The CPIMS Assistant will provide grassroots CPIMS management and implementation, monitoring and documentation of Unaccompanied & Separated children, generate reports in different forms and share data to partners as per the information sharing protocol and assumes the responsibilities given under the purpose in accordance with a well-defined framework of policies and procedures under immediate supervision.
He or She will ensure the smooth information exchange between LWF, UNHCR, UNICEF, and other key CPIMS Implementing Partners. He or she will further give extended support in relation to child protection at the Child-Friendly Spaces and psychosocial support guided by WV Uganda Policies.
Roles and responsibilities:
Data entry and management
Ensure evidence-based management of the child protection database.
- Enter accurately and in a timely manner in the interagency child protection standard database, all manual forms filled in by the field staff (All other related case management forms) BIA, Referral forms, Reunification & file closure entered 100%, minimum of 40 Monitoring forms entered per day).
- Follow up and request additional information from the field staffs whenever necessary and work with the field staff to ensure efficient data capture protocols.
- Facilitate bi-weekly feedback meetings with caseworkers and other staffs responsible to address gaps in case management and minutes filed and shared.
- Ensure CFS & ECD enrolment and average statistics are on display and updated monthly.
- Reconcile all cases of UASC & CR at the CFS with those in office
Information Management, System monitoring
Case Tracking and Feedback Mechanism in CFS activities. Produce a weekly summary of case management progress (number of BIA/BID registered, home visits/follow up, referrals, case closed etc.).
- Provide feedback/ raise concerns to the Child Protection System facilitator about delayed procedures.
- Perform weekly, monthly and quarterly back up and hand over back up files to CPIMS supervisor for storage in a secure place.
- Facilitate system information matching and ensure data is cleaned and up to date for reporting.
- Conduct weekly systems’ update of individual information, resolve discrepancies and conduct data reconciliation.
- Prepare and update weekly/monthly statistics on identification, follow-up, reunification, repatriation, according to program needs.
- Submit weekly, monthly, and quarterly activity reports to the Child Protection Information Management System facilitator.
- Develop a tracker that facilitates tracking of all children monitored and not and share feedback monthly.
Ensure Information Security, Confidentiality of all children information.
- Keep all the hard copy of children’s case records in the lockable cabinet.
- Ensure database and the computers are password-protected, and computer not shared with others.
Networking and Coordination
- Ensure and provide grassroots CPIMS management and implementation, monitoring and documentation of Unaccompanied & Separated Children (UACS), Children at Risk, generate reports in different forms and share data to partners as per the information sharing protocol and assumes the responsibilities given under the purpose in accordance with a well-defined framework of policies and procedures under immediate supervision.
- Work closely to ensure the smooth information exchange between UNHCR, UNICEF, and other key CPIMS Implementing Partners while observing Case Prioritization and Sensitivity Criteria. And further gives extended support in relation to child protection at the Child-Friendly Spaces and psychosocial support guided by WV Uganda Policies
Minimum Qualifications for World Vision Uganda Jobs 2021
- The applicants should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Communication Technology, Information management, Data Management, sociology, International Relations or related fields.
- A minimum of one or more years’ experience working with database systems in an NGO context. Past exposure and experience in child protection is an added advantage
- Excellent documentation skills. The ability to cope and deal with stress and work under stressful work conditions is a requirement
- Commitment to World Vision Core Values and Vision Statement
- Ability to exhibit exemplary lifestyle as interpreted in specific local cultural context
- Must have good interpersonal skills.
- A high level of integrity is required
- Working under minimum supervision
- Perform other duties as required.
How To Apply for World Vision Uganda Jobs 2021
All candidates interested in this position can submit their applications through the link below.
Click here to apply
Closing Date: 14th March 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.