Job Title: Assistant Accountant – World Vision Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: World Vision Uganda (WVU)
Duty Station: Uganda
Report to: Programme Accountant
World Vision Uganda (WVU)
World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
The Assistant Accountant will assist in providing financial technical support to the Project/Programme/cluster in accordance with World Vision accounting policies and procedures and the Acceptable International Financial Accounting standards.
Roles and Responsibilities of World Vision Uganda Jobs 2021:
- Allocate various expenses to cost center accounts made on vouchers in compliance with WV Cost Allocation Methodologies
- Prepare and file supporting documents for all accounting transactions in compliance with WVU financial guidelines and manual
- Initiate and prepare Mobile Money transactions (using Voucher Interface) and submit to the cluster Program Accountant for upload to Share point daily
Financial planning & budget management:
- Assist in developing programme/AP/cluster budgets in compliance with the programme / cluster/APs’ Plan
- Prepare and participate in discussion of the financial report with programme/AP team on 12th every month
- Support the Programmes /cluster during the internal and external auditing
- Maintain completed/updated stores records and items (stock cards, bin cards, good received notes, stores requisitions and returns books, delivery notes and way bills in accordance with WVI/WVU policy
- Train and upgrade skills and knowledge of the programme/cluster staff and partners on accounting policies and procedures.
Minimum Qualifications for World Vision Uganda Jobs 2021
- The ideal candidate for the World Vision Assistant Accountant job placement should hold a university degree, with a major in Accounting/Finance/Auditing
- A minimum of three years’ post qualification experience.
- Partial professional qualification in A.C.C.A, CPA, CA, CIA or CMA or equivalent.
- Three years of relevant technical and business work experience.
- Extensive Computer knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Vision Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SUN Accounting and Access is required.
- Must have proven knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Internal Control Procedures.
- Written and Oral Communication skills are essential, and the incumbent must be a team builder, who is able to work successfully in a multicultural environment.
- Knowledge of project management and project cycles
- Experience of working in the field(communities)
How To Apply for World Vision Uganda Jobs 2021
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to submit your application and complete Curriculum Vitae by applying online through visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Deadline: 25th October 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.