Job Title: 5 Project Officers (Health & Nutrition) – World Vision Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: World Vision Uganda (WVU)
Duty Station: Eastern Region (2) and Western Region (3)
World Vision Uganda (WVU) Profile:
World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Project planning, implementation and reporting
- Participate in planning and budgeting, preparation of work plans, implementation of planned health activities and monitoring/ reporting of progress.
- Facilitate and monitor the implementation of planned activities and community level engagements
- Mobilize and facilitate the engagements of stakeholders during planning and development meetings, workshops and other fora
- Routinely identify local-level health partners, support and facilitate them in the implementation of planned activities
- Facilitate stakeholders and partners in supervision and monitoring of programmatic activities
- Communicate and work with local health facilities and Community Health Workers to improve health and nutrition issues identified in the communities on a monthly basis
- Conduct Health camps to ensure good health and prevent Registered Children (RC) deaths.
- Facilitate and document the integration of MVC in the Area program and integrate into the TP programming.
- Support District-wide selected activities outside of the Area program in the district of operation
- Support the collection and documentation of impact and success stories.
Community engagement and advocacy
- Innovatively support communities including Registered Children’s (RC) households to participate and benefit from the health program development
- Mobilize and sensitize community (RC guardians, community leaders and other community members) on health programs and issues and facilitate participation in the management of various community health and nutrition projects
- Build the capacity of children, families and community to collectively engage local leaders on identified issues.
- Follow-up on commitments by local leaders on the improvement of the health environment and general wellbeing of children.
- Mobilize communities to participate in the relevant child health days and celebrations such as the world breastfeeding week.
- Participate/represent world Vision Uganda in the health sector review meetings both at facility and sub-county level
- Support implementation of National campaigns “It Takes a World” to address the health issues.
- Compile issue reports and position papers for sharing with relevant stakeholders at sub-county and district level.
- Engage Faith leaders in the implementation of health activities and track cases addressed
Monitoring and evaluation
- Analyze and follow up management of RCs with health challenges
- Compile monitoring reports for management action and participate in updating of the databases of the different health models
- Work with CSDF to identify, train monitors and partners on health related matters.
- Support the health facility teams to review and analyze their data for impact and relevant feedback to the community teams
- Conduct quarterly reflection meetings with Community Health workers and follow-up on agreed actions.
- Build the capacity of Community Health workers to implement and report on activities implemented
Child Protection and Wellbeing
- Monitor the wellbeing and child abuse cases and report any incidents in line with child protection policy and guidelines.
- Sensitize children including RCs, guardians/parents and other stakeholders about children’s rights and responsibilities.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of a diploma in nursing, nutrition, clinical medicine, public health, community health and related fields.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in community health and engagement with programming sectors (health and WASH)
- Computer literate (Ms Word, Excel And Powerpoint)
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Community Mobilization and engagement skills
- Report writing skills
- Networking and influencing skills
- Ability to communicate in the applicable local language(s)
- Willing to stay in a rural setting within sub-county of operation
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Willing to attend and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Ability to ride a motorcycle is a MUST
How To Apply For World Vision Uganda Jobs 2020:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send your application and complete Curriculum Vitae
Apply Now Here
You should address your application to the People & Culture Specialist, Recruitment, World Vision Uganda.
Deadline: 7th November 2020
(Qualified natives of West Nile region are particularly encouraged to apply)