Job Title: 8 Field Monitors – Cash
Organisation: World Vision International
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Team Leaders
World Vision Uganda Jobs 2018: The Field Monitor – Cash will mobilize community for distribution, set up distribution according to World Vision and donor (WFP) standard distribution procedures and provide end user monitoring and accurate documentation on all commodity distributions.
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Community mobilization and registration
- Community mobilization and coordination of food distribution activities at the FDPs in liaison with the Food Management Committee and Local leaders.
- Mobilize community members in target areas for sensitization on project goal and selection criteria.
- Work closely with local leaders to conduct beneficiary identification using approved selection criteria.
- Conduct registration and verification of identified beneficiaries using LMMS.
- Distribute LMMS identification cards to all registered beneficiaries.
- Carry out distribution in compliance with WV and Donor guidelines and standards
- Prepare food request based on the approved food distribution plan.
- Notify beneficiaries about impending food distribution well in advance to ensure timely and full participation.
- Liaise with warehouse staff on distribution planning and commodities dispatching from Warehouse to distribution centers.
- Ensure that all commodities arriving at the FDP are properly accounted for.
- Scrutinize all waybills for commodities arriving at the distribution centers. Ensure that the commodities are of correct quantities and quality as manifested on the waybill. Immediately record all quantities delivered short (missing), quantities lost in transit and quantities damaged if any. All observations must be recorded immediately. Commodities must carefully be counted during off-loading.
- At the distribution center, commodities must be stacked in an organized manner, by commodity type to facilitate easy distribution. Stack commodities to the dot (no scooping except for vegetable oil).
- Return all excess commodities received at FDP to the warehouse using Return to Store waybill.
- Perform random weighing of the commodities offloaded from the truck to ascertain that they are of correct weight as indicated in the waybill.
- Supervise food distribution in a manner that will ensure all targeted beneficiaries receive all the planned commodities and in their rightful rations.
- Conduct caucus meeting with FMCs and local leaders to agree on roles and responsibilities during distribution.
- Conduct pre-distribution meeting to sensitize and inform beneficiaries about commodities in the food basket, ration sizes, nutrition and hygiene messages and any other issues to be communicated to them. Give beneficiaries an opportunity to ask question for clarification.
- Ensure that appropriate crowd control measure is in place at the distribution point at all times.
- Ensure all beneficiaries are processed to receive food using LMMS.
- Ensure there is orderly lining, receiving food and sharing.
- Conduct random weighing of rations received by beneficiaries to establish whether they are getting rightful rations.
- Provide proper accountability of commodities distributed at the food distribution point.
- Prepare all necessary forms related to food distribution i.e. sign receipt waybill, fill in the truck inspection report, random weighing form, distribution center visit report, certificate of food receipt and distribution, loss damage reports etc.
- Print out the distribution list from the LMMS. Ensure that distribution list tally with manual reports.
- Ensure all forms and reports are completely filled and reviewed and approved by relevant staff.
- Ensure commodity forms and reports are filed according to agreed filing format.
Supervision of Food Management and Complaints Help Desk Committees
- Mobilize and supervise beneficiaries to the elect FMC and CHD committee members in each FDP.
- Organize and conduct training of FMCs and CHD committee members on their roles and responsibilities.
- Provide adequate resources which can help them perform their function well.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the World Vision Field Monitor – Cash job opportunity must hold a Bachelor’s Degree from a University in Social Sciences or Development Studies.
- Past experience preferable with a busy NGO or UN agency, in food commodities handling tracking and accounting. Prior experience with WV CTS system and or UN WFP Compass system is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of operation of LMMS and other similar software system.
- Knowledge of major donor regulations pertaining to relief food commodities tracking accounting and reporting.
- This position requires a person who is self starter, who can accomplish the task with minimal or no supervision. He/she should be able to manage a team of staff as well as cooperate with other units. He/she must be keen on details and well organized individual.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 24th June 2018