Job Title: Accountant – World Direct Uganda Jobs
Organization: World Direct Uganda
Duty Station: Uganda
World Direct Uganda Profile:
WORLD DIRECT WORKS IN COLLABORATION WITH LOCAL COMMUNITIES, MINISTRY OF EDUCATION OFFICIALS AND LOCAL ORGANISATIONS TO PROVIDE FORMAL OR ALTERNATIVE EDUCATION AND BASIC SKILLS TRAINING. OUR WORK INCLUDES PROJECTS AIMED AT REDUCING POVERTY AND ILLITERACY AMONG WOMEN, CHILDREN, DISABLED PEOPLE, THOSE WHO HAVE SUFFERED DISPLACEMENT AND INSTABILITY, AND THOSE IN NOMADIC AND PASTORALIST COMMUNITIES.
The Accountant will handle general accounting and finance operations as required of a very busy multi-donor funded NGO. Assignments will include budgeting for financial resources, report on the utilization of financial resources through variance analysis, and ensure financial resources are utilized within the stipulated policies and contractual agreements.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Produces monthly, quarterly year-end actual budget (variance) analysis and other management information that may be required from time to time.
- Drafts multi-year organisational and specific programme activity budgets.
- Monitors technical implementation of grants to ensure timely progress and according to submitted technical reports, proposed strategy, and work plans.
- Supports the Finance HR and Admin. department in ensuring full compliance with policies & procedures, particularly around cash, advances, banking, and assets.
- Supports the safeguarding of the assets of the organisation, including the maintenance of the Fixed Asset register.
- As may be assigned, supports finance and admin. department in its function as procurement focal centre, to drive the implementation of procurement policies and plans, aimed at the cost-effective acquisition of high-quality materials, goods, consultancies, and non-consultancy services.
- Preparing cash forecasts to identify monthly funding requirements to optimise resources and deliver value for money.
- Contributing to operational and strategic issues as a member of the Finance and Admin. Team.
- Ensures compliance with all financial reporting and forecasting requirements of specific donors projects and the institution, and ensuring the smooth flow of funds from funding sources;
- Ensures expenditure is incurred and reported in line with contractual agreements.
- Ensures project financial reports are compiled, aligned with narrative reports and submitted in a timely manner to keep all stakeholders informed.
- A minimum of a degree in a relevant field such as business management, agriculture, development studies, etc.
- At least 2 years’ experience of providing support to a busy NGO team of professional staff, where a considerable amount of analytical skills are called for.
- Some understanding of and/or experience in budget management
- Independent and able to work with minimal guidance and instruction.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent Computer skills – Microsoft Office
How To Apply for World Direct Uganda Jobs
Interested applicants should submit: (a) a confidential cover letter; (b) a detailed CV with names and addresses of 3 referees, including e-mail addresses; and (c) a statement illustrating their suitability against each of the listed qualifications/competencies/abilities, and skills. All applications to be sent to [email protected]
Closing Date: 12th March 2021
World Direct is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equity, teamwork, and respect for diversity.
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.