Search For Jobs offers in Uganda
Job Title: Farm Manager – WORI Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Women Rights Initiative (WORI)
Duty Station: Jinja
Women Rights Initiative (WORI) Profile
Women Rights Initiative (WORI) is an action oriented women’s organization that was founded in 2007 by three young women to respond and arise to the challenges of human and women’s rights, fighting poverty, creating awareness on Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights, capacity building in leadership and governance at grass root levels in Uganda.
About the project- Nyonga skilling Initiative
Nyonga Skilling Initiative project is a project for Women rights Initiative that aims to extend this services with skills trainings and entrepreneur support including business start support.
Skills empowerment for girls & women is seen as an integral part of the healing and personal growth. The project will offer educational project trainings in different skills and in agriculture have the potential to add to a sustainable future as they can open a path to more economic security and independence for the beneficiaries and their children. The project is expected to significantly improve the ability of women to earn a living, access basic needs such as food and shelter, and as a consequence reduce the risk of GBV related to socio-economic status. The project will allow an investment in the Nyonga Women’s Shelter agriculture what serves twofold: it will add significantly to the shelter’s food supply and at the same time allow progressive skills training in agriculture (organic farm).
In charge of managing the day to day operations at the farm.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Directs and coordinates worker activities, such as planting, irrigation, chemical application, harvesting, grading and record keeping.
• Record information, such as production, farm management practices, and parent stock, and prepares financial and operational reports.
• Determine procedural changes in drying, grading, storage for greater efficiency and accuracy.
• Analyse soil to determine type and quantity of manure required for maximum production.
• Analyse market conditions to determine acreage allocations.
• Confer with purchasers and arrange for sale of crops.
• Inspect workers and equipment, enforces safety regulations, and interprets policies to ensure proper functioning.
• Inspect orchards and fields to determine maturity dates of crops or to estimate potential crop damage from weather.
• Monitor Purchasing of machinery, equipment, and supplies, such as seed, fertilizer, and chemicals.
• Make periodic farm reports to the supervisor and ensure smooth running of the farm
• Participate in the daily running of the farm.
• Manage a team of 4-6 Casual workers. Oversee the welfare, health, safety and security of workers.
• Carry out skills agriculture trainings for women and girls both at shelter and the Farm
• Participate in capacity building of staff where appropriate and relevant.
• To undertake any other initiatives to achieve the stated objectives.
• Develop research work plans according to project needs
• Perform day to day supervision of research related activities
• Liaise with contractors, authorities and service providers.
• Must live on the farm to ensure safety of farm assets.
• Degree or Diploma in agriculture or diploma (agriculture)or related Displines with two years’ hands on experience working on a farm.
• O and A level certificate
• Any other experience is shared advantage
All suitably qualified and interested individuals should apply to The Executive Director, Women Rights Initiative Uganda P.O Box 1192 Jinja. Proposals and Applications can be Hand delivered to Plot 2 Bell Avenue or Posted to email: [email protected]
FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL OUR OFFICE LINE ON 0393252010
Deadline: 15th April 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.