Job Title: Communication Intern – WIPC Uganda Jobs
Organization: Women’s International Peace Centre (WIPC) Uganda
Women’s International Peace Centre is a feminist organization, currently working within conflict and post-conflict countries in Asia and Africa. Our mission is to ignite women’s leadership, amplify their voices, and deepen their activism in re-creating peace. We use our home-grown approach to put women’s rights issues on the political agenda; amplify women’s voices; and catalyze women’s power to transform themselves, their communities and countries in conflict and post-conflict.
WIPC Uganda Jobs : Women’s International Peace Centre is seeking a tech-savvy, creative, and globally-minded communications intern to join our growing communications team. Gain experience in communications at an international feminist organization and take part in amplifying women’s voices and power in peacebuilding across the globe.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Publications, Design and Branding: Design a newsletter template in line with The Centre’s branding guidelines and work with the team to produce regular issues; Design and produce project and impact fact sheets with the information provided by Project Officers; Design graphics for use on social media and other publications
- Multimedia Content Creation and Management: Produce videos reflecting stories of change among beneficiaries, as well as the progress and impact of the work of the Centre.
- Handle photography and maintain an accessible online bank of The Centre photographs, video clips and infographics for use when required.
- Contribute to website management and content creation.
- Media Relations: Maintain an up-to-date press kit and offer media training to colleagues as needed.
- Represent The Centre and optimize The Centre’s programs impact on various platforms as may be deemed relevant by the organization.
- Handle other communications tasks as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Intern in Information and Communications job must hold a Diploma or Bachelors’ degree in a communications-related field (media relations, journalism).
- Previous experience with social media.
- Ability to produce a wide range of communication materials, including press releases, PowerPoint presentations and layouts for both web and print.
- Good verbal and written skills in English.
- Computer literacy i.e. good knowledge of MS Office (excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher).
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and CV to [email protected]
Deadline: 30th September 2019