Job Title: Finance Officer (Payroll and Tax UNHCR Project) – Windle International Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Windle International Uganda (WIU)
Funding Source: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Windle International Uganda Profile:
Windle International Uganda (WIU) formerly Windle Trust Uganda is a registered INGO whose mission is to promote peace and development in communities through provision and coordination of Education and training for Refugees and people affected by conflict.
Windle International Uganda is the lead partner of UNHCR in implementing Education Projects in Uganda with close collaboration with the Government of Uganda through the Office of the Prime Minister.
The Finance Officer – Payroll and Tax will be responsible for the accurate delivery of the payroll of WIU employees and shall take on the tax responsibilities.
The officer will take the lead in the processing of the payroll on a monthly basis, providing required reports, performing payroll and tax reconciliations, filing tax returns and effecting other salary statutory expectations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Enter and regularly update authorized staff information into the payroll system (preferably PayMaster)
- Update any other employee information e.g. salary increases, advances as communicated by the Department of Human Resources.
- Print the payroll and payroll reports of earnings, taxes and other deductions and ensure that requisitions are made and signed off.
- Coordinate the payroll verification process with the Human Resources Department.
- Ensure that proof of payment is prepared for employees on a monthly basis.
- Effect timely salary payments by the designated date every month
- Reconcile the payroll (including employee deductions) and general ledger on a monthly basis.
- Reconcile the current payroll with the previous payroll indicating reasons for the variances;
- Present reports on the same
- File all returns and other statutory obligations (including PAYE, Local Service Tax, NSSF, Value Added Tax, Withholding Tax) by the designated time frames given
- Prepare payroll journal entries and reconcile General Ledgers for various grants Ensure projects salary contributions are correctly recovered to the General Fund. Prepare, on a monthly basis the Partner Personnel listings for Donor reports Maintain and reconcile the General Ledgers against budgets on a monthly basis.
- Support the Finance department with the required information during donor assessments, verifications, internal and external audit exercises
- Any other responsibilities relevant to the job as assigned by the Supervisor
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Science in Accounting or a related field)
- Two years of experience handling payroll in a busy environment preferably for a workforce of over 1000 staff
- Proficiency in MS office, Excel.
- Knowledge of a Payroll Management Accounting Software (preferably PayMaster), Part qualification CPA or ACCA is an added advantage
- A clear understanding of Uganda Tax Law, the NSSF Act and other relevant laws concerning Employee benefits and the Statutory requirements
- Ability to work under pressure and ensure timely delivery of assigned responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills, in written and verbal English, highly impactful influencing and persuasion skills
- Proven problem-solving skills and quick decision-making
- Ability to adjust to constantly changing situations while maintaining focus on delivery and follow-through
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills; able to understand complex issues and translate them into simple, workable actions and plans
How To Apply for Windle International Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: Monday, 9th May 2022 by 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.