Job Title: 2 Secondary Trained Teachers – Windle International Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Windle International Uganda
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Head teacher
Windle International Uganda Profile:
Windle International Uganda (WIU) formerly Windle Trust Uganda is a registered INGO whose mission is to promote peace and development in communities through provision and coordination of Education and training for Refugees and people affected by conflict.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Prepare schemes of work and lesson plans in line with approved curriculum on termly, weekly and daily basis.
- Managing student behaviour in the classroom, school premises and applying appropriate and effective measures in cases of misbehaviour
- Conduct lessons and remedial work according to the set timetable.
- Actively participate in the process of continuous assessment and evaluation of learners.
- Keep and maintain class records/inventory (Registers, records of work, progress reports and equipment.)
- Undergoing regular observations and participating in regular in-service training as part of continuing professional development
- Participate in co-curricular activities and link the community with the school
- Knowledge of group behaviour and dynamics, societal trends and influences, human migrations, ethnicity, cultures and their history and origins
- Participate in Child Safeguarding activities in the course of your teaching responsibilities as guided
- Researching new topic areas, maintaining up-to-date subject knowledge and devising and writing new curriculum materials
- Perform any other duty as assigned by the relevant authority from time to time.
- The applicant must possess a minimum of a Diploma in Secondary Education from a recognized institution/University. Possession of a Degree in Education is an added advantage.
- Letter of recommendation detailing good conduct (no criminal activity including protection violations) from former employer or LC Authority
- Should be able to identify indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the current system.
Experience in teaching the following subject;
S/NO. SUBJECTS POSITIONS
1 KISWAHILI 1
2 ENGLISH LANGUAGE 1
- Must be duly registered with the Ministry of Education, Sports, Science and Technology Should be ready to work with minimum supervision and meet the daily task timelines of submitting assignments.
- Should possess knowledge of human behaviour and performance, Individual differences in ability, personality and interest, learning and motivation.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups
- Should be able to work in a hard to reach and multicultural environment.
- At least 2 years of relevant professional experience is preferred.
How To Apply for Windle International Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested applicants should submit their applications letters including detailed and up-todate typed curriculum Vitae, photocopies of all their academic and professional documents, photocopy of national ID or refugee attestation card/ Identification and three professional referees addressed to:
The Human Resource Administrator
Windle International Uganda
Kiryandongo Refugee Settlement
All Applications should be hand delivered to Windle International Uganda Kiryandongo Field Office during working hours (8:00 am- 5:00 pm; Monday to Friday).
- Applicants must have no history of violation of children’s rights or of Child abuse
- Windle International Uganda is an equal opportunity and a corruption intolerant employer. Women and persons with disability who meet the job requirements are encouraged to apply.
- No fee is charged at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications will be assessed strictly on individual merit
- No canvassing or lobbying will be tolerated. Individuals found to have done so will be disqualified and blacklisted.
- Whereas we actively welcome all applications; however, only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for interviews.
Closing Date: Friday 17th December 2021 at 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.