Job Title: Facilitator (Leadership Development Task Force) – Wikimedia Foundation Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Wikimedia Foundation
Duty Station: Remote
Wikimedia Foundation Profile
Wikimedia Foundation, Inc. is an American foundation headquartered in San Francisco, California. It owns and operates the Wikimedia projects. It was established in 2003 by Jimmy Wales as a way to fund Wikipedia and its sibling projects through non-profit means.
The Wikimedia Foundation is seeking a Facilitator for our Leadership Development Task Force. The facilitator will guide the work of the Leadership Development Task Force, a community-driven working group. We expect this to be a part-time commitment of approximately 20 hours per week. The contract period continues until June 2023, with the potential to extend.
Movement Strategy was an open and participatory process that invited members of the Wikimedia movement to develop a shared vision and strategy for our movement. From the Movement Strategy process, community members identified leadership development as a priority. The recommendation “Invest in Skill and Leadership Development” shows that our movement needs a globally-coordinated and well-resourced effort to succeed in leadership development.
In response to the recommendation, the Community Development team at the Wikimedia Foundation is supporting the creation of a Leadership Development Task Force. The task force is a community-driven working group composed of Wikimedia community members interested and experienced in leadership development. This task force will draft a definition and strategy for leadership development that guides the work of the Wikimedia Foundation and community working groups. The facilitator’s role will be to support the group in reaching its goals through process and session design, facilitation, and project management.
About the Leadership Development Task Force:
The Leadership Development Task Force will consist of up to 12 members of the Wikimedia community from various backgrounds. The task force members do not need to be fluent in English and translation support is available on an as-needed basis. The working group will likely meet for 2-hour working sessions each week. The group will work in sprints, which will involve developing work in small increments and making frequent changes based on feedback. The task force will spend their time designing, drafting, decision-making, and gathering and incorporating feedback. The Community Development team will also support the task force with documentation, coordination, and evaluation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This facilitator will provide support in these key areas:
Process & Session Design
- Design a process and timeline for the task force’s work, keeping in mind feasibility, flexibility, and wider Wikimedia context
- Design the structure and content of each working session
- Design materials and activities to help facilitate the task force’s work
- Collaborate with Community Development team to prepare for and debrief sessions
- Collaborate with translators to offer task force members written and simultaneous translation
- Help task force set up processes and structures that allow them to work independently
- Iterate on the process based on feedback and outcomes
- Continuously improve materials to make sure that information is contextual and accessible
- Facilitate task force working sessions by helping participants reach consensus, communicate, collaborate, build relationships, make sense of feedback, and achieve objectives
- Act as project manager for the task force, helping the group reach objectives and address issues
- Organize and support documentation and communication between staff, task force members, volunteers and other stakeholders
- Support the monitoring and evaluation of project
- Provide feedback and advisory to Community Development team
Skills and Experience:
- Experience facilitating online working sessions and decision-making processes
- Experience with process design, equity-centered design, and human-centered design
- Experience with consensus building, mediation, and/or conflict transformation
- Experience facilitating global, diverse teams on complex, multi-stakeholder deliverables
- Experience using agile methodologies for projects
- Strong interpersonal skills, and intercultural awareness — position will require communication across multiple cultures and backgrounds
- Mindful of the technical (process & outcomes) aspects with consideration of the human (relationships & emotions) components
- Deep understanding and ability to act on diversity, equity and inclusion principles
- Professional proficiency in written and spoken English
Additionally, we’d love it if you have:
- Working knowledge of Wikimedia community-based efforts and values
- Experience with decentralized decision-making processes
- Experience with volunteer groups
- Ability to speak multiple languages
How To Apply for Wikimedia Foundation Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates can submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.