Search For Jobs offers in Uganda
Job Title: Finance Manager – WaterAid Uganda Jobs 2021
Duty Station: Uganda
WaterAid transforms lives by improving access to clean water, hygiene and sanitation in the world’s poorest communities. We work with local partners and influence decision-makers to maximise our impact.
It’s hard to believe that today 844 million people do not have clean water and 2.3 billion do not have a decent toilet – around one in three of the world’s population. Every two minutes, a child under five dies from diarrheal diseases caused by poor water and sanitation.
WaterAid is looking for a Finance Manager to play a vital role in our vision to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere by 2030. We’re looking for people who share a commitment to our vision.
The Finance Manager is a key member of staff in the Country Programme tasked with leading on the routine financial accounting functions which includes ensuring proper maintenance of accounting records, administration of financial controls, managing donor compliance, production of financial reports. The role will further support the Head of Finance to implement effective and efficient financial controls within the context of the country strategy as well as the global finance team objectives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Review partner returns and occasionally visit partners to ascertain the appropriateness
of partner documentation
Financial Management & Systems:
• Ensure that appropriate finance systems are maintained, and that all procedures and
controls are implemented.
• Review all payments, transfers and settlements ensuring that they are arithmetically
accurate, has the right support documentation and necessary approvals.
• Lead the month-end processes ensuring that the key processes such bank
reconciliations, balance sheet movements, statutory deductions and payments, reallocation routines, intra-company transactions etc. are all done timely and accurately.
• Monitor cash and bank balances to ensure efficient management of the cash resources and organizational liquidity.
• Maintain pension (gratuity) fund records and update staff and fund managers of the position of affairs of the fund on a regular basis.
• Work closely with Heads of Unit to develop meaningful finance indicators against which to assess impact, cost effectiveness and value for money.
• Assist with audits undertaken and implementation of audit recommendations
Donor Compliance and Reporting
• Produce accurate and quality donor reports in line with donor timelines
Coordination & Networking:
• Liaise with budget holders through regular meetings such as the budget holders meetings and other forums to enhance efficient budget management practices.
• Support units in the planning and budget development process by producing bespoke reports and analyses for key decision making.
Staff Management, Development and Organisation Learning:
• Support and train non-finance teams on financial policies and procedures, donor rules and regulations to enhance compliance to both internal and external stakeholders.
The above is given as a broad range of duties and is not intended to be a complete description of all tasks. It is important to note that the responsibilities may change to meet the evolving needs of the way WaterAid works
Fill in the application form and send with a cover letter to [email protected] stating Finance Manager in the subject line.
Only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline: 6th August 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.