Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant – Water Trust Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Water Trust Uganda
Duty Station: Masindi,
Water Trust Uganda Profile:
The Water Trust empowers poor rural communities to provide their children safe water and a healthy, clean environment to develop to their potential. Since 2008, The Water Trust has partnered with more than 600 communities in Masindi and Kiryandongo, benefitting more than 300,000 people. The Water Trust has developed an innovative savings group-based approach to increase the sustainability of rural water and the impact of hygiene and sanitation promotion. Over the next three years, The Water Trust aims to scale up its programs through direct implementation and technical assistance partnerships, while continuing to partner with researchers to find new ways to raise the bar for impact and sustainability.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support the Program team with implementing The Water Trust’s monitoring and evaluation systems and processes of historical and current project sites.
- Orient staff and community volunteers on monitoring and evaluation tools, conduct desk reviews, phone checks, and site visits to validate information, and make recommendations for improvements to tools, processes, and systems.
- Lead the process of validating that hard copies and soft copies of data are appropriately filed.
- Provide support to the Program team and volunteers on Information and Communications Technologies (ICTs), such as the software used for data collection and the use of Excel for project planning and analysis.
- Assist the Program team with resolving issues identified by the M&E Officer, and compiling reports required by The Water Trust and donors.
- Undertake data collection activities, quantitative and qualitative, in the field as needed, including use of mobile ICTs for data collection, note taking for focus group discussions, and writing reports to summarize findings and recommendations.
- Analyse and provide information to M&E Officer regarding general contextual information at the field level and explore opportunities in support of partnership building initiatives with staff and stakeholders.
- Assist the WASH program team in site selection and selection of community volunteers to support data collection.
- Under supervision of the ME& Officer, clean and compile data from surveys using relevant and appropriate computer packages and support baseline, midterm and end of term evaluations of programmes.
- Undergraduate degree in development studies, international relations, public health, nutrition, statistics, rural development, or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum one-year experience of working in a relief or development agency.
- Experience in conducting quantitative and qualitative data collection activities (surveys, assessments, monitoring, evaluations, etc.)
- Fluency in speaking English, Runyoro, Luo, Kiswahili is required.
- Ability to write very high quality reports in English is required.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail is required.
- Basic working knowledge of statistical packages (e.g., SPSS, STATA, R) is preferred but not required.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel is required.
- Experience of managing and training a team of 4-10 people (e.g., enumerators) preferred.
- Preferred knowledge of ODK, mWater or other mobile data collection software.
- Preferred understanding of log frames, M&E plans, and indicators.
- Detailed-oriented with ability to verify data quality.
- Communicates with integrity to different stakeholders (strong interpersonal skills).
- Good contextual knowledge of local community and social/cultural constraints, realities and organizational relationships Inspires trust within/outside of the organization.
- Develops high levels of credibility and accountability with stakeholders.
- Stays open to internal and external feedback.
- Agrees with the mission, vision and core values of The Water Trust.
- Finds fulfilment in work through creativity, risk taking, initiative, and innovation, and encourages the same in colleagues Adherence to TWT Code of Conduct, and Conflict of Interest policies.
- Full adherence to security protocols sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Valid riding license is required.
How To Apply for Water Trust Uganda Jobs 2020:
Interested applicants meeting the requirements should fill in an online application and attach their cover letter and CV through the following link:
Apply Here Now
Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The Water Trust does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process nor request any information related to bank accounts.
Deadline: December 9, 2020