Job Title: Finance Assistant – War Child Holland Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: War Child Holland (WCH)
Salary Range: UGX monthly Gross (915,605 – 1,420,862)
Reports To: Sr Finance Coordinator
Duty Station: Kampala
War Child Holland (WCH) Uganda Profile:
War Child Holland (WCH) is an independent and impartial international non-governmental organization, investing in a peaceful future for children and young people affected by armed conflict. We strive to empower children and young people while enabling adults to bring about positive and lasting change in the lives of conflict-affected children and young people.
The Finance Assistant primarily shall be responsible for accurate, complete and timely bookkeeping of the Kampala office finances including Petty Cash handling, Mobile Money transactions, and filling of all finance documents. He/she shall ensure adherence to finance and other WCH policies at all times.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for daily accurate, complete and timely bookkeeping of Kampala finance transactions;
- Responsible for keeping an overview of Mobile Money and cash advances and ensuring timely clearance;
- Make Weekly Cash and Mobile Money Account Reconciliation Reports.
- Make petty cash payments as per authorized requests and entering all petty cash transaction using WCH bookkeeping/UNIT4
- Review all finance supporting documentation submitted as accountability and ensure they are sufficient before making payments.
- Maintain an overview of advances paid and ensure timely redemption at least before month-end
- Responsible for making timely payment and report overviews for all office and ex-pat staff bills.
- Responsible for scanning and filing of finance documentation;
- Ensuring all the above is done in line with financial and procurement policies of WCH.
- Bank withdrawals and money exchanges and other financial issues as requested by the line manager.
- Compile payments for field facilitators, Cash requests for the Field Offices and any other payments for the field offices.
- Ensure that all vouchers and their supporting documentation are scanned and archived according to transaction number and uploaded to the shared folder.
- End of Month Petty Cash and Mobile Money Reconciliation Reports
- The ideal candidate for the War Child Holland Finance Assistant job must hold a Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or any other related field;
- One year of work experience in Finance;
- Experience working with INGO/NGO in a refugee settling with children is an added advantage.
- Experience with UNIT 4 system is added advantage.
- Experience in Excel and bookkeeping software;
- Team player.
- Strong written and verbal expressions skills;
- Good Planning and organisational skills;
- An accurate and analysing capability;
- Action mindedness, proactive approach to responsibilities;
How To Apply for War Child Holland Uganda Jobs 2020:
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join us in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
Start To Apply Here
- Your Application should not exceed 4 pages.
- While we thank all applicants for their interest to work for WCH, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing Date: 28th June 2020 by 5:00 pm