Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Organisation: War Child Holland (WCH)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Program Manager
War Child Uganda Jobs: WCH is an International non-profit organization that has been working in Uganda since 2004, mainly in the Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA) affected areas. As the situation in Uganda has stabilized, WCH has closed its programs related to the LRA conflict and started a refugee response program in early 2016 in the West Nile region, offering psychosocial support to children, young people and families in the refugee and host communities. In addition to psychosocial support, the country office is in the process of establishing education projects with partners.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for petty cash management
- Responsible for making petty cash payments as per authorized requests.
- Responsible for entering all petty cash transaction using WCH bookkeeping.
- Assist in bank withdrawals and money exchanges and other financial issues as requested by line manager.
- Receive daily cash advances and account for balances weekly.
- Responsible for compiling payments for field facilitators.
Make payments of salary, benefits and overtime for tempoary staff.
- Provide support in general administration and logistics tasks
- Responsible for planning and scheduling daily office travel plans, recording of these in the movement plan and movement chart, and report security issues related to the planned movements.
- Responsible for planning transport, booking of hotels and flights for staff/visitors.
- Ensures staff/visitors receive all the necessary travel information such as welcome notes, health alerts etc before the travel dates.
- Ensure staff /visitors receive mifi’s/phones in case needed.
Asset and store management
- Receive and issue all office assets and store supplies.
- Responsible for the management of the office store.
- Maintain the store accounting as per the asset and store management manual..
- Prepare the monthly store stock taking sheet and submit to the Logistics Officer.
- Responsible for office stationary stocks and record keeping.
Managing the reception
- In-charge of the office telephone line and ensuring all telephones are responded to or transferred to the right persons.
- Welcome and direct all visitors to respective offices and ensure all letters/parcels and cargo are received and delivered to the right people.
- Ensure the reception area is always clean and welcoming.
- Plan and coordinate the use of conference/meeting room;
- Support the team in recording minutes during meeting, scanning, printing, and binding works.
- Support in organizing workshops and trainings.
- Support in archiving of project documents as requested.
- Perform any other duties assigned in fulfillment of the tasks.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The War Child Holland (WCH) Administrative Assistant job should hold a Diploma in Secretarial and Office Management, Business Administration or any related field.
- Ability to speak and write good English.
- Knowledge in making travel plans is required.
- Good computer skills; proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Logical thinking skills, multitasking and a practical, hands-on mentality
- Result focused and persistent to reach goals
- Basic IT knowledge is preferred.
- Planning and organization skills, efficient and conscious of time
- Ability to work with a high degree of professionalism
- Good communication and customer care service skills.
- Able to work independently and accurately.
Show commitment to the vision and goals of War Child Holland in Uganda, including adherence to the Child Safeguarding Policy, is essential”
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are invited to apply by uploading an English CV consisting of maximum two pages, and answer our questionnaire (please note that a cover letter is not requested) through the following hyperlink:
Deadline: 9th December 2018