Job Title: Logistics Intern – War child Uganda Jobs 2019
Organisation: War Child Holland (WCH)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Logistics Coordinator
About War Child Holland:
War Child Holland (WCH) is an International non-profit organization that has been working in Uganda since 2004, mainly in the Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA) affected areas. As the situation in Uganda has stabilized, WCH has closed its programs related to the LRA conflict and started a refugee response program in early 2016 in the West Nile region, offering psychosocial support to children, young people and families in the refugee and host communities. In addition to psychosocial support, the country office is in the process of establishing education projects with partners.
War child Uganda Jobs 2019: To support the quality logistics operations of War Child Holland programme activities.
The position will ensure;
- Proper recording, filing and updating of WCH contracts including; Housing for office/expats, service providers etc.
- Daily reception management of WCH Kampala Office.
- Management of WCH Kampala stock and supplies.
- Assist in arranging daily transportation of Kampala and visiting staff movements
- Assist in compiling of fuel consumption report
- Ensure all motor cars and bikes have sufficient fuel tops at all times.
- Assist in the procurement of goods and services.
Roles and responsibilities
- Responsible for a proper registration of all assets and stock.
- Keeping track of all utility bills and requesting payments for WCH office and expat houses.
- Ensure accurate updates of the asset list which is shared weekly with line manager.
- Ensures a proper distribution of assets and reports on faulty assets or assets not in use.
- Ensures the vehicle log books, fuel logs and monthly fuel/maintenance reports are properly compiled updated.
- Coordinates the maintenance and repair of the vehicles fleet including sourcing of suppliers;
- Coordinates weekly transport schedule (car/flights) and booking of accommodation.
- Assist in timely procurement of office requirements.
- Assist in entering of supplier quotations and supplier evaluate offers;
- Sources for and liaises with suppliers to ensure effective and timely availability of supplies;
- Maintain a proper filing system for all logistics and procurement department including scanning of documents.
- Bachelors in Procurement and Logistics Management, Business Administration and any other relevant skills.
- Good communication skills, service oriented and a pro-active attitude
- Result focused and persistent to reach goals
- Technical knowledge and (basic) technical knowledge on cars. IT knowledge is preferred.
- Efficient and conscious of time
- Planning and organization skills
- Ability to work with a high degree of professionalism
- Accurate, consistent and transparent
- Team player
- Affinity with children and young people
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure with diverse teams from all backgrounds and level.
- MUST have recently completed a University degree and not more than 30 years of age.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are invited to apply by uploading an English CV consisting of maximum two pages, and answer our questionnaire (please note that a cover letter is not requested) through the following hyperlink:
Click Here To Start Application.
Deadline: 2nd June 2019