Job Title: IT/CWTL Officer – War Child Holland Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: War Child Holland (WCH)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Team Leader
Salary Range: UGX Gross (1,634,904 – 2,537,092)
War Child Holland (WCH) Profile
War Child Holland (WCH) is an independent and impartial international non-governmental organization, investing in a peaceful future for children and young people affected by armed conflict. War Child is a dynamic organization with a lot of room for creativity, inspiration and self-initiative from employees. We strive to empower children and young people while enabling adults to bring about positive and lasting change in the lives of conflict-affected children and young people.
The IT/CWTL Officer is responsible for implementation support to the Can’t Wait to Learn project including solving technical challenges with tablets experienced in different CWTL centers /schools. The IT/CWTL Officer will provide technical support to partners regarding the implementation of CWTL. The IT/CWTL Officer is also responsible for the preparation and distribution of tablets and related equipment at field level, replacement of the tablets and other accessories, and extracting data from the tablets as well as following up with the partners for data extraction. The position also involves supporting on all IT requirements of WCH office at field level.
Objective of the job
- Supporting the preparation of tablets, accessories and related equipment for the CWTL projects at field level.
- Responsible for the implementation of distribution/hand-over of tablets, accessories and related equipment to the different partners/learning centres.
- Supports and acts as the technical person on the use of tablets at field level.
- Conduct data milking and support and liaise with partners for data milking.
- Solve technical problems with tablets in CWTL centres/schools
- Supports in all IT requirements in WCH office at field level.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Supporting the technical preparation of tablets, accessories and related equipment for the CWTL programme in Uganda.
- Ascertain the need for replacement/repair of tablets and other accessories from CWTL centres/schools.
- Supports technical preparation of tablets, installation of the games on the tablets at field level.
- Ensure an updated log for tablets.
Support use of the tablets in the field
- Supporting the partners/learning centres on the technical use of the tablets in the field
- Assess, report and solve technical/logistical problems occurred while implementing CWTL in the learning centres.
- Ensure tablets in the field are updated and in good working order, including organisation of replacing faulty equipment
- Report regularly to the line manager on status/location/use of all tablets
- Implement regular stock-taking of tablets and accessories in all learning centres in collaboration with the Senior PSO-CWTL&IT based in Kampala
Support in Data milking
- Conduct data milking and coordinate with the partners M&E team for the timely data milking (once a month)
- Follow up on the sharing of collected data to the teachers
- Report technical issues to Team Leader
Support WCH IT requirements at field level
- Responsible in diagnosing and resolving minor network, software and hardware related problems at field level with support from Senior PSO-CWTL&IT at Kampala.
- Responsible for troubleshooting technical issues for staff in the field and escalating if necessary.
- Does maintenance for all WCH IT equipment at Field.
Any other duties assigned by Team Leader in line with this JD and the fulfillment of the tasks.
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelors Information Technology or Telecom Management is preferred.
- At least two years of working experience.
- Fluent in English (Spoken and Written word)
- Experience with NGO and working with institutional donors is preferred.
- Strong understanding of Education programs, experience of working in refugee settlements is an added value
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good computer skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a member if a team
How To Apply for War Child Holland Uganda Jobs 2022
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below
Deadline: 17th April 2022 at 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.