Job Title: Volunteer Community Psychologist (2 positions) (Volunteering Jobs In Uganda)
Reports to: Clinical Psychologist
Volunteering Jobs In Uganda: Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services in Uganda (for people with disability) was established in 2006 as a private non-profit, non-governmental organization and is supported by Christian Blind Mission (CBM).
Volunteering Jobs In Uganda: CoRSU Rehabilitation Hospital and Rehabilitation Centre on Entebbe Road provides Orthopaedic Surgery, Plastic Surgery and Rehabilitation, mainly for children with disability.
Objective of the position:
- To be part of a team that develops and implements appropriate psycho-
social therapy services to clients undergoing rehabilitation at CoRSU Rehabilitation Hospital and their attendants.
- Provide CoRSU patients, attendants and or caregivers with relevant information under the guidance of the clinical psychologist, on the prevention of disability to promote a better quality of life and social inclusion of people with disability in their communities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Advocates for child safeguarding and ensures adherence of the policy.
- Encourages child participation through play activities at the out-patient and in-patient areas.
- Works with clients on a one-to-one basis, group, community or special setting based on their levels of function and severity of disability.
- Provides psycho-social needs assessment for patients before they are seen by the clinical psychologist.
- Participates in the development of training materials under the guidance of the clinical psychologist and capacity building of staff to enable the staff to address basic psycho-social client needs.
- Ensure up to date record keeping including case preparation, keeping continuous counseling notes and daily records, and prepare periodic reports under the guidance of the clinical psychologist.
- Refer clients to the respective specialists for consultation and appropriate intervention under the guidance of the clinical psychologist.
- Ensure proper handling of department equipment during, and after use.
- Participates in developing and or updating psychotherapy-specific rehabilitation protocols under the guidance of the clinical psychologist.Qualification, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors of Community Psychology
- At least 1 year working experience working in a child centred setting
- Good Communication and assertiveness skills.
How to Apply:
Capable People with Disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.
NB: Qualified persons should submit their applications (detailed CV with covering letter plus copies of Academic Qualifications) to The
Head of Human Resources, CoRSU Hospital P.O. 46 Kisubi or email to [email protected]. Note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interviews.
The closing date: 3rd March, 2017