Job Title: OBO Shipment Clerk – US Embassy Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: US Embassy Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
US Embassy Uganda Profile:
The United States Embassy in Kampala, Uganda has enjoyed diplomatic relations with Uganda for over 30 years. Ambassador Natalie E. Brown currently heads the U.S Mission to Uganda. The Mission is composed of several offices and organizations all working under the auspices of the Embassy and at the direction of the Ambassador.
Among the offices operating under the U.S Mission to Uganda are:
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Centres for Disease Control (CDC)
- Peace Corps
The U.S. Mission in Uganda is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of OBO Shipment Clerk.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Working under the Supervisory Administrative Assistant of the Overseas Building Operations (OBO) project team, the Shipment Clerk obtains customs clearance for incoming and outgoing official shipments in support of the New Office Annex / New Support Annex project.
- The incumbent also works with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to facilitate vehicle registration and inspection.
- Completion of high school is required.
- At least two years of experience in customs, shipping, or logistics is required.
- Must have knowledge of local cargo, shipping, and customs procedures and regulations. Strong knowledge of local laws and regulations governing all types of vehicle use, registration, insurance, import/export, etc.
- English level III (Good working knowledge) Reading/Writing/Speaking is required.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) and Internet Research. Good interpersonal skills to interface efficiently with various contacts including end users, vendors, trucking companies, local officials as well as post contacts. Good knowledge of accepted record-keeping methods, to include developing a filing system, follow-up on projects, meeting deadlines. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Must hold a valid driver’s license.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
How To Apply for US Embassy Uganda Jobs 2022
All those interested in working with the United States Embassy, US Mission in Kampala should send their applications online at the link below.
Closing Date: 19th July 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.