Job Title: 2 Consular Associates – US Embassy Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: US Embassy Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Announcement Number: Kampala-2022-007
US Embassy Uganda Profile:
The United States Embassy in Kampala, Uganda has enjoyed diplomatic relations with Uganda for over 30 years. Ambassador Natalie E. Brown currently heads the U.S Mission to Uganda. The Mission is composed of several offices and organizations all working under the auspices of the Embassy and at the direction of the Ambassador.
Among the offices operating under the U.S Mission to Uganda are:
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Centres for Disease Control (CDC)
- Peace Corps
Under the direct supervision of the Consular Officer, the Consular Associate is assigned a wide range of responsibilities in the American Citizen Services (ACS) Unit, Nonimmigrant Visa (NIV) Unit, Immigrant Visa Unit, and Fraud Prevention Unit (FPU). The jobholder provides consular services to U.S. citizens, conducts non-adjudicatory visa processing, and assists in investigation and validation studies. Incumbent also handles correspondence with the public, attorneys, U.S. and host governments, Congress, and other parties. Must be able to secure and maintain a Secret level security clearance.
Minimum Qualifications for US Embassy Uganda Jobs 2022
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- The applicants for the United States US Embassy Consular Associate job opportunity should have completed High school Required.
- At least three years of office administrative experience is required with at least one year of consular experience.
- General understanding of U.S. policies related to consular and visa operations.
- Ability to input data in consular systems with minimum errors, and spot and correct errors made by others (applicants and fellow staff).
- Demonstrated skills in MS Office Suite and general computer skills including information and database management.
- Organizational skills, including task management and filing skills; communication skills including writing skills appropriate for drafting official correspondence and reports.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOS Secret Security clearance.
- Tact and good judgment in dealing with the public, often under difficult and sensitive circumstances.
- Sensitivity in evaluating evidence and applying complex regulations correctly.
- Ability to learn applicable U.S. and host country laws, regulations, legal precedents, and court decisions.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Language: Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing of English is required.
How To Apply for US Embassy Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 18th March 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to join our Telegram Channel using the Link: https://t.me/fresherjobsug