Job Title: Automotive Mechanic – US Embassy Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: US Embassy Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala
Announcement Number: Kampala-2021-024
Grade: FSN 5/FP-9
Salary: UGX 42,407,278
US Embassy Uganda Profile:
The United States Embassy in Kampala, Uganda has enjoyed diplomatic relations with Uganda for over 30 years. Ambassador Natalie E. Brown currently heads the U.S Mission to Uganda. The Mission is composed of several offices and organizations all working under the auspices of the Embassy and at the direction of the Ambassador.
Among the offices operating under the U.S Mission to Uganda are:
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Peace Corps
Serves as a Maintenance Mechanic in General Services Office / Motor pool (GSO). Responsible for the daily operation of vehicle maintenance and automotive service scheduling. Provides quality control for major maintenance on vehicles and performing basic on-site maintenance on vehicles.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Inspect vehicle engine and mechanical/electrical components to diagnose issues accurately
- Inspect vehicle computer and electronic systems to repair, maintain and upgrade
- Conduct routine maintenance work (replacing fluids, lubricating parts etc.) aiming to vehicle functionality and longevity
- Schedule future maintenance sessions and advise motorists on good vehicle use
- Repair or replace broken or dysfunctional parts and fix issues (e.g. leaks)
- Provide accurate estimates (cost, time, effort) for a repair or maintenance job
- Keep logs on work and issues
- Maintain equipment and tools in good condition
Minimum Qualifications for US Embassy Uganda Jobs 2021
EDUCATION: Completion of secondary school is required. Vocational automotive repair training, journeyman mechanic, or apprenticeship certification is required.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of two (2) years of experience as an automotive mechanic is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: A good working knowledge of vehicle diagnostics and troubleshooting practices, commercial and local market costs for parts and supplies, local dealerships and maintenance facilities for specialized auto servicing and repairs.
Good working knowledge of USG regulations as it pertains to official vehicle preventative maintenance and repair.
Evaluations: (This may be tested)
LANGUAGE: English level II (Limited knowledge) Reading/Writing/Speaking is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must hold a valid local driver’s license and be able to operate different types of vehicles such as utility and passenger vehicles, medium trucks, and forklifts. Must be able to interpret shop manuals, parts catalogs and diagrams, and understand technical language of the trade.
Must be able to troubleshoot and determine the causes of a malfunction and be able to use diagnostic tools and software to troubleshoot vehicle problems.
Must have basic computer skills to use proprietary software and prepare simple reports.
How To Apply for US Embassy Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 24th August 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.