Job Title: Market Conduct Officer – URBRA Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Uganda Retirement Benefits Regulatory Authority (URBRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Supervision Officer (Market Conduct)
Uganda Retirement Benefits Regulatory Authority (URBRA) Profile:
The Uganda Retirement Benefits Regulatory Authority (URBRA) was established pursuant to section 2 of the Uganda Retirement Benefits Regulatory Authority Act 2011, No. 15 of 2011. It is an autonomous body responsible for regulating the establishment, management and operation of retirement benefits schemes in Uganda in both private and public sectors. The Authority is responsible for supervising institutions which provide retirement benefit products and services.
The Market Conduct Officer will monitor business conduct of sector players.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Review compliance reports submitted by licensed entities and prepare reports on recommended enforcement action.
- Analyze proposals for new products, and confirm compliance with the legal framework and consumer protection.
- Conduct compliance assessment on all schemes and service providers, and advise on supervisory action
- Assess licensees’ market conduct and practices, professional conduct of business and make appropriate regulatory recommendations
- Prepare suspicious activity reports
- Monitor market conduct developments and industry trends and advise on regulatory interventions to improve scheme and service providers operations
- Collect and analyze trustee certification training reports
- Organize the annual trustees’ and service providers’ trainings
- Attend scheme AGMs and monitor quality and adequacy of information provided to members
- The applicant must hold an honors Bachelor’s degree in either Law, Business Administration, Accounting, Actuarial Science, or Finance from a recognized university
- At least two years of work experience
- Experience in Legal review, compliance assessment and monitoring in a regulated body is preferred
- Knowledge of legal and regulatory provisions
- Analytical skills
- Risk management
- ICT Proficiency
- Negotiation skills
- Communication skills
- Time Management skills
- Interpersonal skills
How To Apply for URBRA Uganda Jobs 2022
All suitably qualified and interested applicants may send applications accompanied by a comprehensive CV with 3 referees, copies of transcripts and certificates as well as other relevant academic credentials addressed to;
Attn: Head Projects and Consultancy Department,
Uganda Management Institute,
Plot No. 44/52 Jinja Road, Kampala
P.O. Box 20131 Kampala, Uganda
Closing Date: 14th June 2022 by 3:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.