Job Title: 4 No Experience Data Centre Officers – URA Jobs 2021
Organization: Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
Job Location: Kampala
Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) Profile:
The Uganda Revenue Authority is a government revenue collection agency established by the Parliament of Uganda. Operating under the Ministry of Finance, Planning and Economic Development, the URA is responsible for enforcing, assessing, collecting, and accounting for the various taxes imposed in Uganda.
The Officer Data Centre will monitor all operations in the URA data center in order to ensure high availability of IT services and Business Continuity.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Maintain equipment in the data centre in optimal working condition
- Monitor the IT Hardware & Network Infrastructure to ensure they are free from alarms.
- Maintain clean & optimal data centre environment conditions
- Compile and submit weekly health monitoring reports on data centre state
- Carry out preventive maintenance to ensure systems health
- Supervise data centre works to ensure that vendors deliver as contracted
- Conduct routine physical inspections of the data centre environment to ascertain the health of the data centre infrastructure and systems.
- Oversee capacity planning, perform power audits and ensure appropriate supply of power to all equipment.
Maintain the physical security of the data center
- Oversee datacentre physical security controls
- Document and escalate any violations to data centre security
- Monitor and Log access to the datacentre
- Continually evaluate and report on identified risks to the data centre security
Oversee all changes to datacenter infrastructure
- Monitor and document all works carried out in the data centre
- Maintain an up to date inventory of data centre Assets
- Monitor adherence to established data centre architecture
Support the organizations disaster recovery strategy
- Carry out systems backups and periodic verification of backups
- Execute periodic disaster recovery and failover tests
- Enforcement of policies, procedures and associated plans for disaster recovery administration and business continuity based on industry-standard best practices.
- Routinely verify the health of backup media
- Continually evaluate risk and propose enhancements to the organizations disaster recovery strategy
Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) Officer Data Centre job must hold an honor’s bachelor’s degree in Information Technology and compute, Electrical engineering, Computer science or a related computer science field.
- Knowledge of Data Centre management
- Knowledge of Modular data centre considerations
- Power and networking designs
- Facilities management
- Backup and restore procedures
- Knowing of disaster recovery mechanisms
- Knowledge of data centre risks
- The incumbent should be a good team player with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- S/he must be flexible, assertive, with good customer care and communication skills.
- Will be on call outside of normal work hours for any emergencies or service interruptions.
- Ready to work outside of normal hours on any planned major activities that require evening or weekends.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience in IT in a large organisation
- Certified Data Centre management Professional (CDCMP)
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Experience with Backup management systems
How To Apply for URA Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Click here to apply
Deadline: 15th May 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.