Job Title: 45 Officers (Domestic Taxes) – URA Jobs 2019
Organization: Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
Duty Station: Uganda-Nakawa HQs
The Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) was established by the Uganda Revenue Authority Statute of 1991 and set up in September of the same year as a central body for assessment and collection of specified revenue, to administer and enforce the laws relating to such revenue and to provide for related matters. This statute incorporated all the laws that were in force then regarding tax collection. The new organization (URA) amalgamated the three tax administration departments that were responsible for all the taxes collected by the Central Government of Uganda.
URA is looking for competent, dynamic, innovative and positive-minded persons with requisite job expertise, proven integrity, problem-solving, analytical and interpersonal skills and abilities to handle multiple tasks and work in teams
URA Jobs 2019: To offer tax administration services aimed at improving voluntary taxpayer compliance
- To perform roles as provided for in the departmental plan in order to provide satisfactory client service and enhance voluntary compliance
- Discover and acquire new taxpayers
- Maintain the integrity of the taxpayer register
- Validate taxpayer declarations and monitor on-time tax payments or refunds
- Carry out tax field inspections and enforcement activities
- Provide client support to promote voluntary tax compliance including taxpayer education
- Prepare periodical reports as required under department guidelines
- Support business process and system improvements
- Review policy needs and generates policy proposals to enhance voluntary taxpayer compliance
- The incumbent should have a Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Accounting, Education, Geology, Bio-Chemistry, Information technology, Law, Engineering from a recognized academic institution
- Professional qualifications in any of the areas of Taxation Administration, Accounting, Information Systems Audit.
- Training in any of the areas of customer care, Data Analysis, Audit, Fraud Examination, Business Analysis, or Project Management
- Proficiency in Chinese, French, Swahili and Hindu
- Knowledge of Ugandan Tax Laws
- Knowledge and exposure to Domestic Taxes processes and systems.
- At least two year’s working experience in the areas of banking, digital economy, insurance, extractive industries, legal practice, agri-business, agro-processing, systems audit, accounting, debt collection, business analysis, systems maintenance, big data analytics, field operations
Skills and Attributes
- The incumbent must have good communication skills
- He/she should good Customer Care skills
- He/she should be able to work well in teams
- He/she should have an impeccable record of integrity
- The incumbent should have good reporting skills
- He/she should have the ability to teach communities with a variety of clients
- He/she should have good computer skills
- He/she should have research skills
- He/she should have a wide range of analytical skills with attention to detail
- He/she should have good Interpersonal relationship skills
How to Apply:
All interested candidates who wish to join our organization should apply online at the link below.
URA Application Portal Here.
Deadline: Thursday 24th October 2019 at 11:59 pm