Job Title: 25 Officers (EFD – Inspection )- URA Jobs 2019
Organization: Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
Duty Station: Uganda-Nakawa HQs
The Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) was established by the Uganda Revenue Authority Statute of 1991 and set up in September of the same year as a central body for assessment and collection of specified revenue, to administer and enforce the laws relating to such revenue and to provide for related matters. This statute incorporated all the laws that were in force then regarding tax collection. The new organization (URA) amalgamated the three tax administration departments that were responsible for all the taxes collected by the Central Government of Uganda.
URA is looking for competent, dynamic, innovative and positive-minded persons with requisite job expertise, proven integrity, problem-solving, analytical and interpersonal skills and abilities to handle multiple tasks and work in teams
URA Jobs 2019: Manage and monitor the implementation of EFD/e-invoicing operations in the field by providing support to taxpayers and thus enhance voluntary compliance and maximize revenue collection.
Roles and responsibilities
- Develop and actualize the implementation of field enforcement plans in line with the departmental objectives to ensure the use of the procured Hardware and software for the implementation of EFD/e-invoicing operations.
- Train and Educate taxpayers on how to use EFDs and e-Invoicing system.
- Ensure that the taxpayers adhere to the set out rules and regulations for the use of the EFD/e-invoicing hardware and software.
- Ensure that fiscal Invoices/receipts are being issued by the sellers as per set guidelines.
- Carry out quality checks on the EFDs to establish their functional status and report immediately to the project Manager cases where seals have been damaged or tampered with for further Management.
- Report immediately to a designated location once an alert has been raised and ensure corrective action follows procedure and set guidelines.
- Provide input to the Project Manager during the implementation of the system solution based on conditions within the field.
- Prepare daily field reports for submission to the Project Manager.
- Monitor the outputs against the set activities in line with the monitoring and evaluation framework.
- Monitor EFD records to provide accountability for distribution and usage.
- Coordinate with suppliers of EFDs to ensure on-time delivery across different regions and taxpayer business locations to support invoice/receipt issuance.
- Record and report on the distribution of all EFDs received, dispatched, damaged, under repair, beyond repair and those returned to the supplier within their designated field locations.
- Conduct a weekly stock take on all EFDs in operation and prepare a report to the Project Manager including missing or stolen devices for further management.
- Prepare weekly device usage reports and submit to the Project Manager further management.
- Ensure that URA and departmental service standards are maintained within the region.
- Plan for initiatives to improve the turnaround time as per the URA service standards.
- Account for the maintenance and utilization of assets under your jurisdiction.
- Promote the image of URA at all times.
- Report on the accomplishments, challenges and way forward to sustain excellent quality of service delivery.
- Manage the integrity and expansion of the taxpayer register.
- Monitor economic activity in the field to ensure persons eligible for registration are identified and immediately communicated to the Service Management team for Further Action.
- Monitor and evaluate initiatives from the compliance improvement plan that have been put in place to identify persons in the region that are eligible to register for tax but fail to do so.
- Manage the improvement of voluntary compliance
- Monitor compliance behaviour of taxpayers following the implementation of EFD/e-invoicing compliance improvement initiative and ensure that corrective actions are implemented.
- Evaluate the performance of newly registered taxpayers in line with receipt/invoice issuance.
- Diploma in Information technology, Computer Science, Electronics, Entrepreneurship or a related field.
- Ability to speak English is mandatory along with any of the following languages:
- Luganda, Runyakitara, Luo, Swahili, Chinese and Hindi.
- Training in Business, taxation, entrepreneurship is an added advantage.
- A minimum of two (2) year working experience with a reputable organization under any of the following; Wholesale and general Trade, Manufacturing, Construction, Real estate, Transportation and storage, Financial and insurance, Telecom, Hotel and Accommodation and Other Services
- Development and design of online marketing platforms.
- Knowledge of business operation in any of the following sectors; Whole sale and general Trade, Manufacturing, Construction, Real estate, Transportation and storage, Financial and insurance, Telecom, Hotel and Accommodation and Other Services
- Development and design of online marketing platforms.
- Knowledge and application of information technology in the business environment.
Special skills and attributes
- Personal initiative to set and achieve goals
- Time management
- Planning and organization; self-direction and responsibility
- Team work; communication and collaboration
- Conflict management; problem solving, cross-cultural skills
- Analytical skills
How to Apply:
All interested candidates who wish to join our organization should apply online at the link below.
Click Here To Start Your Application.
Deadline: Thursday 24th October 2019 at 11:59 pm