Job Title: Data Clerk – UPMB Jobs 2021
Organization: Uganda Protestant Medical Bureau (UPMB)
Duty Station: Uganda
Uganda Protestant Medical Bureau (UPMB) Profile:
The Uganda Protestant Medical Bureau (UPMB) was founded in 1957 as a registered faith based Non-Governmental Organization under the Trustees Incorporation Act (CAP 165) as Registered Trustees of the Uganda Protestant Medical Bureau. UPMB brings together Protestant Churches in Uganda involved in Provision of Health Services. It serves as a link between Government and / or Development Partners and UPMB-Member Institutions and provides support to its members through capacity strengthening, coordination, lobbying and Advocacy, public relations and translation of government policies.
A data clerk performs under the leadership of the health unit in-charge. Working as part of the facility team, s/he will assist in the implementation of strong data quality maintenance systems of the health unit. Data Clerks promote quality data standards at all points of service delivery by ensuring the generation and submission of accurate, timely, valid data to inform on quality improvement and reporting.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Liaise with the unit in -charges to ensure completeness of data of affiliated funding programs, PHC, RBF, UPMB.
- Liaise with the unit in -charges to ensure completeness of data on the patient tiles, the registers (ANC. Maternity, Postnatal, Exposed infant Register. HCT register, Laboratory registers, SMC registers, TB registers, Pie-ART and ART registers, Family Planning Register, Child Register) are complete. Working with deferent health unit’s departments in ensuring that timely, accurate. complete and valid data is generated from the respective registers and is submitted to the DHO, hospital and MoH by verifying all data before submission. the data/reports pertains to HIV care & treatment program PMTCT including EID and TB and TB/HIV HIV counseling and testing, Nutrition and Malaria.
- Receiving and responding to enquiries and requests relating to data.
- Data entry into the hospital information systems, Updating, maintaining and retrieving and analysis tor development and compilation of various reports.
- Compile, sort, and verity accuracy of data before it is entered into the protect database.
- Managing the electronic data systems & ensuring systems are updated with the most current data.
- Maintains hardcopy and electronic data files and reports in compliance with the program, research protocols, ensure the store/back up in an appropriate location completed reports/ documents
- Maintains the highest standards of data quality by comparing the data entered with source documents, or re- enters verified data.
- Merging of all the cleaned data into a central database as per the protocols and guidelines.
- Participate in the facility quality improvement activities which may include collecting/ summarizing data and analyzing to inform progress of quality improvement interventions.
- Analyze the monthly summary statistics for key program indicators and compile reports for distribution to inform QI team at health facilities
- Assist health care workers at the designated facilities in data quality assurance as stipulated in the standard operating procedures and job aides.
Qualifications for UPMB Jobs 2021
- The ideal candidate must hold a Diploma or certificate in Statistics, Medical records and Health Management Information System from a recognized, licensed and accredited institution with at least one year of progressive experience in health record management –Essential.
- One year of work experience in a busy health setting.
- A high level of computer literacy is required especially, but not limited to Ms. Office, Internet & web technology, training in information technology, database and records management is an added advantage
- Good numeracy skills. Attention to detail and enjoy alphanumeric data entry‘
- Experience in handling collecting, collating and managing numerical data
- Extensive experience performing compilation and entry of health related data into facility registers.
- Applied Knowledge in use of HMIS/HIS data tools.
- Good Computer skills including Ms Excel, Power Point and Word
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Data analysis skills
How To Apply for UPMB Jobs 2021
All candidates should send their applications and supporting documents including copies of academic qualifications and Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating names and contacts of three professional referees should either be addressed To: Church Of God Medical Coordinator or sent by email combined in one PDF document to [email protected] and [email protected]
Closing Date: 30th November 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.