Search For Jobs offers in Uganda
POST: WEIGHBRIDGE OPERATOR – UNRA Jobs
REF: UNRA RIP8/2017/EXT
Reports to: Weighbridge Controller
UNRA Jobs: The Weighbridge Operator will be responsible for weighing vehicle axle and gross weights by use of weighbridge equipment. The Operator will also be responsible for ensuring full time functionality of weigh scales, maintaining cleanliness around the weighbridge, especially the gaps between the weighing platform and the foundation for accurate weighing, reporting any malfunction immediately it is noted as per the procedure, that overloaded trucks are offloaded and reweighed.
Key Result Areas:
1. Manage weighbridge operations in line with the agreed guidelines;
2. Ensure that heavy vehicles comply to the load limits;
3. Ensure that all the weighing bridge calibrations are up to date;
4. Maintain operational health and safety standards;
5. Screen and weigh vehicles and calculate overloads and implement the procedures for overloaded vehicles;
6. Issue fines to vehicles that exceed maximums on axles, axle combinations and total vehicle loads;
7. Participate in stakeholder engagement/training and manage client relations;
8. Prepare daily reports on weighbridge operations and submit to the weighbridge controller.
Required Education Qualifications:
1. An Honor’s Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering;
2. Higher Diploma in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering with operational experience in manufacturing industry, Economics, Business Administration, Management, ICT or any other relevant degree;
3. Computer literacy is a must.
Experience and Knowledge:
1. Relevant experience will be an added advantage;
2. Candidates with Electrical and Instrumentation experience in an automated environment are highly encouraged.
1. High level of integrity;
2. Ability to work as part of a team and to develop subordinates;
3. Excellent interpersonal, particularly staff/management relations;
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
HOW TO APPLY:
UNRA will only consider online applications submitted through our website. Interested persons are invited to visit the UNRA website https://www.unra.go.ug and follow the link Careers to view details and apply for the available opportunities.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Tuesday 10th October 2017 at 5pm.
“UNRA is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge any monies to any applicant during the recruitment process”