Job Title: Principal Zonal Officer – UNMA Jobs 2022
Organization: Uganda National Meteorological Authority (UNMA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Uganda National Meteorological Authority (UNMA) Profile:
Uganda National Meteorological Authority (UNMA) is a Statutory Body established by UNMA Act, 2012. The Act empowers UNMA to provide for the control and development of technically sound and scientific meteorological services in Uganda.
To set and establish weather monitoring stations and produce weather observations, harmonize, interpret and implement national, regional and international weather observation standards; and generate relevant data on weather at the national level.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Establish weather and climate needs (needs assessment) for stakeholders to guide them in their planning;
- Establish Directorate’s resource needs (staff and finances) in light of national, regional and global requirements; © Set quality management systems to assure adherence and compliance to weather and climate related standards at national, regional and global level;
- Customize regional and global weather observation standards to national circumstances relating to the key sectors;
- Produce reports, including WMO matters relating to station networks, observations;
- Mobilize private-public partners to enhance weather observations in the country; and perform any other relevant duties as may be assigned to him/her by Supervisor.
- Perform any other relevant duties as may be assigned to him/her by Supervisor.
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor of Science degree in Meteorology from a recognized university;
- Should have a clear understanding of the National Development Goals, Vision 2040, Social Development Goals and the ability to relate them to meteorological function.
- Demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
- Demonstrated leadership and professional competence in the management and administration of Meteorological Services.
How To Apply for UNMA Jobs 2022
All applications must be accompanied with recent CVs detailing work experience, present position, certified copies of professional and educational qualifications. Applicants must also include a copy of their National Identity Card and three (3) referees (including their names, workplace and contact details).
Females are encouraged to apply and applications should be physically delivered to the address below;
The Ag: Executive Director,
Uganda National Meteorological Authority
Plot 22/28 Port Bell Road, Luzira
P.O Box 7025
Closing Date: 15th June 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.