Job Title: 4 Drivers – UNMA Jobs 2022
Organization: Uganda National Meteorological Authority (UNMA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Officer In-charge Transport
Uganda National Meteorological Authority (UNMA) Profile:
Uganda National Meteorological Authority (UNMA) is a Statutory Body established by UNMA Act, 2012. The Act empowers UNMA to provide for the control and development of technically sound and scientific meteorological services in Uganda.
The Driver will drive and maintain the UNIVIA vehicles in accordance with the transport policy as directed by the supervising officer.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Drive vehicles for official duty and assignments;
- Carry out basic maintenance and cleanliness of the vehicle;
- Report major technical mechanical faults to the supervising officer;
- Maintain basic records regarding the vehicles as instructed;
- Ensure safety of the vehicle while on duty;
- Handle all driving assignments as approved by the supervisor to ensure operational efficiency;
- Carry out pre-and post-vehicle checks on a daily basis by filling in the check lists and writing after trip reports to the supervisor to ensure safety and that any arising mechanical issues are handled on time;
- Adhere to the highest driving standards by complying with the road safety act to ensure safety of staff and materials being transported and cost management;
- Daily cleanliness of the vehicle by washing and keeping it neat to maintain a good image of the Authority and give comfort to the customers.
- Minimum of Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with a pass in English Language and Mathematics;
- Valid driving Permit of Class DM, DL, CM and B;
- Certificate of driving competence from an accredited organization
- Defensive driving certificate.
- At least three years of working experience from reputable organization
- Age: 25 – 55 years
How To Apply for UNMA Jobs 2022
All applications must be accompanied with recent CVs detailing work experience, present position, certified copies of professional and educational qualifications. Applicants must also include a copy of their National Identity Card and three (3) referees (including their names, workplace and contact details).
Females are encouraged to apply and applications should be physically delivered to the address below;
The Ag: Executive Director,
Uganda National Meteorological Authority
Plot 22/28 Port Bell Road, Luzira
P.O Box 7025
Closing Date: 15th June 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.