Job Title: IT Assistants – University Research Co Jobs 2022
Organization: University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Job Location: Gulu & Kitgum, Uganda
Reports to: IT Officer
University Research Co., LLC (URC) Profile:
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
Division & Project Overview:
The Quality and Performance Institute (QPI) is a division of URC that has implemented quality improvement and operations research programs in health care since 1981 and continues to be at the cutting edge of health care improvement work in countries around the world.
With the RHITES-N Acholi Activity (Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services in Northern Uganda – Acholi), USAID will continue its support of the Government of Uganda’s (GOU) efforts to improve access to and use of health services in the country’s post-conflict northern region. RHITES-N Acholi activities will build on USAID investments and national advances to increase access to and use of high-quality integrated services that accelerate the ability and capacity to respond to the specific health needs of residents in the Acholi sub-region, leveraging the URC-ASSIST project successes.
The IT Assistants will assist in performing a variety of moderately complex information technology support duties to ensure smooth delivery of the technology department, including monitoring, operating, and assisting others in the operation of computer hardware, software, and peripherals to achieve desired results. He or she will provide information to staff on established policies and procedures, or IT services provided at the allocated clusters.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Act as a project contact for computer software and IT hardware related support questions to all RHITES-N Staff in general and assigned cluster teams health facilities in particular.
- Ensure that EMR & facility-based system backups are functioning correctly updated.
- Offer maintenance/repair of computers/laptops/printers etc. as may be necessary with all required incident reports.
- Perform any other related duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Contributes to unit goals by accomplishing related duties as required.
- Assist provide support in maintaining IT records and IT Assets register.
- Provide diagnostics and problem resolution for laptops, desktop computers, printers and server systems. Assist in troubleshooting, diagnosing problems, implementing corrective action procedures within prescribed guidelines and/or escalating to other technical resources as appropriate.
- User support training on secure file server access, OneDrive, SharePoint & all electronic file sharing usage.
- Aid in the use of personal computer hardware, software, and specialized mainframe technology with operations in a multi-platform computer environment to monitor the production, scheduling, execution, and successful completion of related IT jobs
- Install operating system upgrades, enhancements, fixes and patches as provided.
- Install supported software packages supplied and required by URC.
- Support with Creation of user accounts, shared network drives (data areas) and network printing as requested by the staff
- Advise on the server disk space, utilization rate and caching ability and make recommendations.
- Take lead in the rollout and maintenance of the Point-of-Care EMR in the assigned cluster unit.
- Provide basic computer and networking support as it relates to POC, responding to and documenting trouble shoots.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science / Information management systems or related field from a recognized institution.
- Computer Operations training, or experience in a multi-operation system or production control environment preferred.
- 2 years of related experience with computers and providing customer service in (IT) information technology environment.
- Knowledge of HIV medical records software.
- Knowledge in hardware maintenance and repairs.
- 1 year experience working for an international NGO is an advantage.
- Technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems in particular for managing and configuring LANs, WANs, WLANs, VLANs and VPNs.
- EMR/Database training and/or implementation experience in a primary health care services environment.
- Operating knowledge of cyber security and data protection experience.
How To Apply for University Research Co Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 10th March 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to join our Telegram Channel using the Link: https://t.me/fresherjobsug