Job Title: Data Assistant – University Research Co Jobs 2021
Organization: University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Job Location: Uganda
Reports to: Strategic Information Officer
University Research Co., LLC (URC) Profile:
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
About USAID Project:
With the RHITES-N Acholi Project (Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services in Northern Uganda – Acholi), USAID will continue its support of the Government of Uganda’s (GOU) efforts to improve access to and use of health services in the country’s post-conflict northern region. RHITES-N Acholi Project activities will build on USAID investments and national advances to increase access to and use of high-quality integrated services that accelerate the ability and capacity to respond to the specific health needs of residents in the Acholi sub-region, leveraging the URC-ASSIST project successes.
The Data Assistant will work with the office of the Biostatistician to improve data quality and use and the UgandaEMR at facility level and he/she will spend at least 50% of their time working in the field. The overall objective of the data assistant is to strengthen data management at the facility and community level. This will include proper documentation, records management, filing, archiving, data quality and reporting at the district and supported health facilities. He/she will ensure that there’s improved quality of data (facility and community) as reflected in DHIS2 and/or KP Tracker. He/she will also provide technical assistance to the LPS-TASO Acholi district-based M&E teams.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical assistance to improve quality of data at district and facility level.
- Build skills of frontline facility health care workers on Data Management including recording, filing, archiving and reporting. This includes provision of relevant guidelines and SOPs for effective data management at facility level.
- Conduct health facility assessments and devise strategies to overcome key data management and systems gaps
- Ensure availability and utilisation of current versions of HMIS tools at the facility and community level through providing regular HMIS tools stock status and quantification.
- Ensure timely update of service data collected from community activities in the HMIS tools at the facility.
- Support the Biostatisticians to organise monthly district-based data review meetings to clean up facility level data.
- Facilitate performance review meetings at district and facility level to enable the teams understand and use data.
- Provide routine EMR technical Assistance to ensure functional EMRs at all facilities where it has been installed.
- Provide and respond to adhoc data requests at all times when called upon.
- Build the capacity of the facility-based data clerks and Health Information Assistants to perform data analysis from EMR to support patient monitoring.
- Support the EMR POC and recency sites to ensure data entry and synchronization is timely.
- Plan and conduct routine Data Quality Assessment to improve data quality and data management system.
- Support data collection activities within their respective districts and provide timely response to adhoc data requests.
- Support weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting.
- Support in analysing and writing of monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual programmatic district performance reports and their submission in stipulated deadlines.
- Work with the LPS-TASO Acholi cluster M&E Specialist to plan and implement data management activities in the districts of assignment in consultation with your supervisor.
- Any other duties assigned by supervisor.
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Quantitative Economics, Computer Science, Demography, or related field.
- At least two years’ experience in health data management particularly in the Northern region.
- Knowledge of statistical packages such as SPSS, STATA, Epi Info, and others.
- Thorough familiarity with the MOH HMIS systems.
- Clear understanding of USAID expectations.
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in Uganda for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
How To Apply for University Research Co Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their application through the link below.
Deadline: 25th November 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.