Job Title: Public Finance Officer – UNICEF Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: UNICEF Uganda
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
UNICEF Uganda Profile:
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is mandated by the UN general assembly to advocate for the protection of children’s rights, to help meet their basic needs and expand their opportunities to reach their full potential. Together with our partners, we work in 190 countries and territories to translate that commitment into practical action, focusing special effort on reaching the most vulnerable and excluded children, to the benefit of all children, everywhere.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Social Policy Manager, the National UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Support the collection of central and subnational tiers of government budget data, including development of the relevant data collection and processing templates.
- Provide assistance and inputs to reviews and analysis of public finance data, at national and subnational level.
- Support coordination of capacity assessment and plan for capacity building activities for local subnational public finance stakeholders.
- Support and facilitate integration and harmonisation of public finance work with decentralisation processes and consolidate synergies with other partners at local level
- Support Social Policy in strengthening and coordinating internal UNICEF work around decentralization, community empowerment and systems strengthening at community level.
- Support Social Policy advocacy aimed at promoting better spending decisions and enhanced service delivery at subnational level that ultimately contribute to improved outcomes for children.
- Support collaboration with local authorities to strengthen capacity on quality data collection, analysis for policy development, planning, implementation, coordination, monitoring of essential social services, with emphasis on community participation and accountability.
- Updated and clean budget information databases, both for national and subnational tiers of government.
- Preliminary analysis of budget data
- Subnational governments capacity building plan and a local stakeholders empowerment strategy on
- public finance.
- An analysis of spending patterns of subnational tiers of government on social sectors and policy implications for children conducted (subnational budget briefs for social sectors prepared).
- A statement of achievements towards volunteerism for development during the assignment, such as
- reporting on the number of volunteers mobilized, activities participated in and capacities developed
Minimum Qualifications for UNICEF Uganda Jobs 2022
- The ideal applicant must hold a Master degree or equivalent in Statistics, Economics, Data Science or Development Studies. Demonstrated proficiency in data processing software systems such as SAS, SPSS, STATA and CSPro (quantitative) or NVivo, Atlas.ti and Nudist (qualitative) etc.
- Candidate must be a national or legal resident of the country of assignment.
- Three years of experience in Understanding of public finance data and participatory approaches to programming
- Sound experience in Local Development and Decentralization
- Specialized technical knowledge and research experience in policy research and analysis both qualitative and quantitative research.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel software skills, including use of macros in Excel.
- Excellent writing, conceptual and analytical skills including the ability to present complex processes and issues clearly to a heterogeneous audience and in an actionable manner.
- Experience working and engaging with government officials on policy and strategic issues.
- Age; 27 – 80 years
How To Apply for UNICEF Uganda Jobs 2022
All suitably qualified and interested candidates desiring to serve the United Nations in the aforementioned capacity should express their interest by visiting the UN recruitment website at the link below.
Deadline: 1st April 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.