Job Title: Senior Resettlement Assistant – UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: UNHCR Uganda
Job Location: Rwamwanja, Uganda
UNHCR Uganda Profile:
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees was established on December 14, 1950 by the United Nations General Assembly. UNHCR’s mandate under the Statute of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is to lead and co-ordinate action for international protection to refugees; seek permanent solutions for the problems of refugees and safeguard refugee rights and well-being. UNHCR has an additional mandate concerning issues of statelessness, as it is given a designated role under Article 11 of the 1961 Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness.
The Senior Resettlement Assistant position is typically located at Multi-Country Office, Branch Office or Field Office. Under supervision, the incumbent’s primary role is to assist the supervisor in effective resettlement delivery of a given UNHCR Office in accordance with the UNHCR Resettlement Handbook, UNHCR Manual and relevant policy papers and publications. The incumbent provides important clerical and administrative support to resettlement operations and may as required take part in assessing cases for resettlement and conducting interviews. S/he maintains frequent contacts with the supervisor, relevant colleagues within the same Office or Offices under purview to exchange information and discuss issues on resettlement cases. Some contacts and communication at a working level are required with Embassy / Immigration Officials of resettlement countries, IOM as well as with other operating partners regarding resettlement issues.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Carry out preliminary interviews and initial assessments to process refugees for resettlement following established procedures.
- Prepare written documentation for resettlement submission; ensure that records / files of individual cases are updated in a systematic and timely manner.
- Assess and review individual resettlement cases and prepare individual / group submission for scrutiny by the supervisor.
- Provide persons of concern (PoC) with up-to-date and accurate information on UNHCR’s resettlement policies and procedures.
- Comply with UNHCR’s standard operating procedures on resettlement, ensuring timely action on cases.
- Follow up on cases from time of submission to final decision and departure; ensure effective in-country communication on the status and follow-up on PoC being considered for resettlement.
- Assist in maintaining and updating proGres or Consolidated Online Resettlement Tracking System (CORTS) database and provide technical support.
- Coordinate travel and departure arrangements for refugees accepted for resettlement.
- Organize logistical support for governments undertaking resettlement missions.
- Provide administrative support for resettlement-related training activities, including organization of resettlement workshops and meetings as required.
- Maintain accurate resettlement statistics as well as up-to-date records on individual cases; assist in the preparation of reports.
- Draft / type routine correspondence to Field Offices / Multi-Country Offices / Headquarters.
- Systematically apply an Age, Gender and Diversity perspective in all aspects of the resettlement process; comply with UNHCR policy and guidelines on HIV/AIDS.
- Assist in mitigating resettlement fraud by reporting suspected fraud.
- Recommend eligible cases for resettlement consideration.
- Provide counselling to PoC.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Senior Resettlement Assistant job placement should hold a For G5 – 2 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 1 year relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
- Certificates and/or Licenses: International Law; International Relations;
- Good knowledge of resettlement issues and UNHCR resettlement policies and operational applications. Completion of UNHCR specific learning/training activities (e.g., PLP and RSD/Resettlement Learning Programme, resettlement anti-fraud workshop).
- English is required
- PR-Refugee Resettlement programs
- PR-Resettlement Anti-Fraud Policy and Procedures
- CO-Cross-cultural communication
How To Apply for UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 16th May 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.