Job Title: Associate Reporting Officer TA – UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR)
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
UNHCR Uganda Profile:
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) represents the world’s commitment to universal ideals of human dignity. We have a unique mandate from the international community to promote and protect all human rights. The High Commissioner for Human Rights is the principal human rights official of the United Nations. The High Commissioner heads OHCHR and spearheads the United Nations’ human rights efforts. We offer leadership, work objectively, educate and take action to empower individuals and assist States in upholding human rights.
In implementing the mandate of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, OHCHR Uganda carries out interventions under five thematic areas: Strengthening the rule of law and accountability for human rights violations; Enhancing and protecting Civic Space and people’s Participation; Integrating human rights in sustainable development; Enhancing equality and countering discrimination; and Increasing implementation of the international human rights mechanisms’ outcomes. OHCHR’s interventions relate to the provision of technical assistance, including legal advice and capacity building, monitoring of human rights issues, and engaging in advocacy, among others.
Under the overall guidance of the Senior Communications or Donor Relations Officer, the Associate Reporting Officer contributes to production, editing and quality control of reports for his/her Area of Responsibility (AOR). By systematization and sharing of accurate and timely information, the incumbent promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNHCR.
S/he establishes close contacts with all UNHCR sections in the AOR to gather and analyse information. S/he maintains effective professional relationships with a wide variety of donors, operational and implementing partners, UN agencies, and other stakeholders to gather, analyse and disseminate information about activities of UNHCR and its partners.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Keep abreast of all developments in the country operation/ bureau/ division or other entity to prepare appropriate briefings and reports.
- Draft regular daily, weekly and monthly up-date for internal and external audience (including donors and media).
- Consolidate and analyse data on programme implementation, achievements and indicators in all sectors under AoR in order to facilitate the preparation of periodic reports and activity-specific reports as may be required and ensure timeliness of such reports.
- Participate in annual reporting and planning process.
- Work closely with Information Management to ensure accurate and attractive data presentation, including maps.
- Support the monitoring of UNHCR¿s partnerships and consolidate information about Partners¿ activities.
- Assist in the preparation of briefing kits and presentations for missions and visitors.
- Assist in the preparation of reports for donors, in compliance with specific donor requirements. Make efforts to enhance donor satisfaction by ensuring quality reporting on programmatic results to donor. Assist in providing visibility for donors¿ contributions to UNHCR.
- Research/analyse, interpret and also, monitor and review information and data from regular and wide variety of sources for internal and external reporting.
- Prepare and distribute minutes of meetings.
- Provide technical support, training and clarification on UNHCR¿s reporting policies and deadlines.
- May prepare press releases; conceptualize, draft and edit stories for external communications products and support all aspects of its production, including fact checking, proofreading and quality control.
- Support UNHCR inter-agency coordination initiatives and leadership through provision of reporting and secretariat functions where relevant.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
- For P2/NOB – 3 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 2 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 1 year relevant experience with Doctorate degree
Field(s) of Education
- Journalism; Public Administration; Communication; International relations; Political Science; Law; or other relevant fields.
Relevant Job Experience
- Experience in conducting, participating in and reporting on meetings, and drafting reports.
- Experience in programme/project development, planning, implementation, and/or monitoring.
- Experience in a field mission and at Headquarters / in the UN Common System and country context.
- Experience undertaking operational and analytical work in the field of international affairs, international security, humanitarian affairs, development or journalism.
- Donor relations or liaison with media.
- PG-UNHCR’s Programmes
- IT-Computer Literacy
- DM-Data collection methodologies
- CO-Strategic Communication
How To Apply for UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2022
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) should apply online at the link below
Deadline: Tuesday 14th June 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.