Search For Jobs offers in Uganda
Job Title: Fresher Finance Associate – UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: UNHCR Uganda
Job Location: Kampala
UNHCR Uganda Profile:
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is a UN agency mandated to aid and protect refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people, and to assist in their voluntary repatriation, local integration or resettlement to a third country.
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The Finance Associate is normally supervised by a more senior finance colleague who defines general work objectives and provides necessary advice and guidance. The incumbent also refers to UNHCR Manuals and relevant policy papers on financial issues. The incumbent assists with the processing of financial transactions. S/he keeps frequent contact with staff at various levels in the office and with bank officials to exchange information. The incumbent may supervise some support staff.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
Roles and Responsibilities:
– Maintain financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data for day-to-day transactions and reports.
– Select and enter data from a wide variety of documents, verifying accuracy by checking sources, making necessary calculations and assuring inclusion of all relevant data.
– Prepare recurring reports as scheduled and special reports as required for budget preparation, audits or other reasons.
– Advise and assist staff members, experts and consultants on all aspects of allowances, salary advances, travel claims and other financial matters, calculate and authorize payments due for claims and services.
– Maintain liaison with officials of local banks to obtain day-to-day information on exchange and interest rates, changes in procedures and regulations and matters pertaining to maintenance of office bank accounts.
– Prepare detailed cost estimates and participate in budget analysis and projections as required.
– Initiate correspondence to verify data, answer queries and obtain additional information on accounts and financial transactions, as required.
– Verify that the financial transactions are correct and in accordance with UNHCR rules and procedures.
– Perform other related duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications for UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2021
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
G6 – 3 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Field(s) of Education
Certificates and/or Licenses
Accounting Business Administration, Finance
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
High level of IT affinity (MS Office applications, People Soft).
Knowledge and work experience of MSRP Finance applications.
Good knowledge of UN/UNHCR Financial rules and procedures.
Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to the functions of the position.
FI-PeopleSoft Financial Management
UN-UN/UNHCR Financial Rules and Regulations and Procedures
IT-Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates.
Competencies as defined in Job Profile
Teamwork & Collaboration
Commitment to Continuous Learning
Client & Result Orientation
Planning and Organizing
Please also note that English is essential for this Job Opening.
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
No late applications will be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a written test and/or oral interview. Please note that UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, travelling, processing, training or any other fees).
Deadline: 3rd June 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.