Job Title: Entebbe Mortgage Assistant – UNFCU Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: United Nations Federal Credit Union (UNFCU)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
United Nations Federal Credit Union (UNFCU)Action Against Hunger Profile
United Nations Federal Credit Union (UNFCU) is a global not-for-profit financial institution that serves the UN community. We are committed to providing peace of mind to our members and colleagues and strive to achieve service excellence in all that we do. The best part of UNFCU is the people. Those that choose to work with us often find personal fulfillment, professional growth and a purposeful culture.
The Entebbe Mortgage Assistant will be responsible for the origination, processing and closing of Uganda mortgage applications and compliance with applicable Federal, State, Ugandan and NCUA rules, regulations and laws. This includes requesting all supporting documentation and working with Consumer Lending staff, attorneys, appraisers, and lien perfection authorities to ensure a closing in a timely manner, while upholding UNFCU’s commitment to exceptional service and representing UNFCU in a positive and professional manner. Provides clerical and administrative support to the department.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Interview applicant(s) for mortgage business to determine qualifications and appropriate product(s); explore all possible alternatives and make appropriate recommendations for products and services for the member/applicant; establish and maintain relationships with potential applicants and promote/solicit mortgage business; provide mortgage product education to membership.
- Process new mortgage applications and enter information into all applicable systems, and request all additional documents (title reports, lien searches, payoff letters, appraisals, credit reference reports, etc.). Requires daily member contact and constant system updates, along with interaction with vendors to request documentation. Manage the time and cost of the application process.
- Communicate/inform members of the status of their applications as requested, via telephone or written communications. Follow-up with the Consumer Lending Department to ensure the timely closing of the mortgage. Inform members of the status of their files in accordance with UNFCU’s guidelines for frequency and timeliness.
- Monitor status reports from attorneys, title companies and appraisers.
- Participate in Business Development activities to educate membership and publicize Nairobi mortgage operations. Identify opportunities to cross-sell other credit union products or services. Initiate referrals to other lines of business.
- In collaboration with the Consumer Lending Department, schedule, coordinate, and prepare documents for closings.
- Maintain diary system for insurances, rates, rent receipts and valuation reports.
- Perform any other functions as requested.
Minimum Qualifications for Action Against Hunger Jobs 2022
- The applicant must hold a University degree, or equivalent
- Two to three years of experience interviewing, originating, processing and/or closing mortgage loans in Uganda
- Familiarity with required local regulations, mortgage documents and related processes
- Computer proficiency and strong MS Office skills
- Strong customer skills
- Mathematical acumen and analytical skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail
How To Apply for Action Against Hunger Jobs 2022
All candidates should apply online at the link below. All applicants must attach a cover letter and an updated CV as one document (Word or PDF).
Deadline: Open until fileld
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.