Search For Jobs offers in Uganda
Job Title: Office Assistant – UNDP Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: UNDP Uganda.
Duty Station: Kampala.
OHCHR Uganda Profile:
In implementing the mandate of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, OHCHR Uganda carries out interventions under five thematic areas: Strengthening the rule of law and accountability for human rights violations; Enhancing and protecting Civic Space and people’s Participation; Integrating human rights in sustainable development; Enhancing equality and countering discrimination; and Increasing implementation of the international human rights mechanisms’ outcomes. OHCHR’s interventions relate to the provision of technical assistance, including legal advice and capacity building, monitoring of human rights issues, and engaging in advocacy, among others.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provide receptionist services, including welcoming visitors and directing them to the appropriate staff, as well as responding to phone calls
• Operate and maintain a variety of office equipment in the performance of basic office functions, e.g. photocopier, printer, scanner, etc
• Photocopy a variety of documents and other materials
• Prepare administrative correspondence, including memos and emails, as requested by the Head of Sub-Office
• Record, distribute and file in an efficient registry and filing system all incoming and outgoing correspondence
• Disseminate relevant administrative and substantive documents to international /national staff
• Receive and format monthly information for the Head of Sub-Office
• Ensure proper filing of all documents, both of administrative and program nature
• Keep an updated database of OHCHR contacts, including UN, civil society and public authorities
• Ensure timely request and delivery of stationary and office supplies to the field office
• Ensure that all documents awaiting distribution to other offices are dispatched in a timely manner
• Develop and maintain a weekly schedule of staff and vehicle movements.
• Assist with vehicle maintenance functions.
• Coordinate a variety of administrative duties (e.g. leave requests, meeting organization, travel requests, expense claims)
• Assist in the preparation and organization of programme events/workshops, as required, and provide logistical support to the programme team
• In coordination with the Kampala Administrative Officer and Head of Sub-office, assist in sourcing for quotations for procurement of service providers, workshop venues, material supplies
• Complete other related tasks assigned by the Head of Sub-Office.
How To Apply for UNDP Uganda Jobs 2020
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join us in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
Deadline: 29 July 2020