Job Title: Systems Administrator – UNCST Jobs 2020
Organization: Uganda National Council for Science and Technology (UNCST)
Duty Station: Kampala
Uganda National Council for Science and Technology (UNCST) Profile:
The Uganda National Council for Science and Technology (UNCST) is a government agency established in 1990 by an Act of parliament (CAP 209). The UNCST under the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (MoSIT) is mandated to develop and implement strategies for integrating Science and Technology (S&T) into the national development process.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Diagnose hardware and software problems, and replace defective components.
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments, including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
- Develop and maintain web applications to support UNCST business processes
- Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures in order to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Operate master consoles in order to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks, and to coordinate computer network access and use.
- Perform routine network startup and shutdown procedures, and maintain control records.
- Design, configure, and test computer hardware, networking software and operating system software.
- Recommend changes to improve systems and network configurations, and determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
- Confer with network users about how to solve existing system problems.
- Monitor network performance in order to determine whether adjustments need to be made, and to determine where changes will need to be made in the future.
- Train staff in computer system use;
- Gather data pertaining to staff needs, and use the information to identify, predict, interpret, and evaluate system and network requirements;
- Analyze equipment performance records in order to determine the need for repair or replacement;
- Maintain logs related to network functions, as well as maintenance and repair records;
- Research on new ICTs and implement or recommend their implementation;
- Maintain an inventory of parts for emergency repairs;
- Coordinate with vendors and with UNCST staff in order to facilitate purchases;
- Assist in the setting up and administer appropriate ICT policies and procedures.
- Undertake any other UNCST tasks as necessary and as may be assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree (Hons) in Information Technology or Computer Science or Computer Engineering or any relevant degree;
- In-depth knowledge of programming for diverse operating systems and platforms using diverse development tools;
- Ability to work under minimum supervision and to manage pressure;
- Good interpersonal & communication skills;
- Excellent understanding of software design and programming principles;
- At least 3 years of experience in the same field;
- Age: not more than 35 years.
How To Apply For UNCST Jobs 2020:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their CVs and Application online via the link below:
Deadline: 30th October 2020, 5:00 p.m