Job Title: Administrative Assistant/Personal Assistant – UNCST Jobs 2020
Organization: Uganda National Council for Science and Technology (UNCST)
Duty Station: Kampala
Uganda National Council for Science and Technology (UNCST) Profile:
The Uganda National Council for Science and Technology (UNCST) is a government agency established in 1990 by an Act of parliament (CAP 209). The UNCST under the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (MoSIT) is mandated to develop and implement strategies for integrating Science and Technology (S&T) into the national development process.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage and maintain the Deputy Executive Secretary’s diary, and telephone line;
- Ensure timely dissemination of information from the Deputy Executive Secretary’s office to relevant stakeholders;
- Conduct regular diary meetings with the Deputy Executive Secretary to discuss upcoming engagements, invitations and other requests and matters;
- Schedule on behalf of the Deputy Executive Secretary meetings between him and his direct reports and the committees, groups and institutions to which he is a member and any other guests;
- Coordinate travel and accommodation requirements in connection with others and ensure necessary arrangements in place for the Deputy Executive Secretary match the requirements of his/her office;
- Undertake and or complete research on behalf of the Deputy Executive Secretary or as he/she may assign;
- In liaison with relevant officers, provide strategic communications support to the Deputy Executive Secretary. This support will include writing and editing speeches, presentations, talking points, website information, blogs, op-eds, white papers and other communications, as needed;
- Keep and maintain an accurate record of files, papers and electronic correspondence on behalf of the Deputy Executive Secretary;
- Maintain and regularly update a user-friendly database of contacts with people, businesses and institutions that the Deputy Executive Secretary/UNCST works with.
- Manage unscheduled events and activities in the Deputy Executive Secretary’s office and troubleshoot problems;
- Provide support to the Office of the Executive Secretary especially in the absence of the Personal Assistant to the Executive Secretary;
- Undertake any other UNCST tasks as necessary and as may be assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
• A Bachelor’s Degree (Hons.) in Secretarial Studies or Office Management, or any closely related field from recognized University;
• At least 3 years of experience in the same field in a busy work environment;
• Proven experience and training in records management;
• Proficiency in computer use especially Microsoft Office packages;
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal);
• Ability to multi-task;
• Ability to work under pressure & with minimum supervision;
• Excellent interpersonal skills & customer care;
• Discretion & understanding of confidentiality issues;
• High level of integrity;
• Age: not more than 35 years.
How To Apply For UNCST Jobs 2020:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their CVs and Application online via the link below:
Deadline: 30th October 2020, 5:00 p.m