Job Title: Driver – UNCDF Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: United Nations Capital Development Fund (UNCDF)
Duty Station: Kampala
Reports to: Operations Associate
United Nations Capital Development Fund (UNCDF) Profile:
UNCDF is the UN’s capital investment agency for the world’s 47 least developed countries. With its capital mandate and instruments, UNCDF offers “last mile” finance models that unlock public and private resources, especially at the domestic level, to reduce poverty and support local economic development.
UNCDF strategy ‘Leaving no one behind in the digital era’ is based on over a decade of experience in digital finance in Africa, Asia and the Pacific. UNCDF recognizes that reaching the full potential of digital financial inclusion in support of the Sustainable Development Goals aligns with the vision of promoting digital economies that leave no one behind. For further detail on UNCDF strategy, refer
Since 2013, UNCDF has been implementing a market development approach on digital finance in Uganda. With the support of the Sweden Development Agency (SIDA), UNCDF will execute the “Leaving no one behind in the digital era” strategy in country until 2024 under the “Connect” Rural Uganda Programme. The Programme has the aim to develop an inclusive digital economy in Uganda with a specific focus at empowering rural communities, smallholders’ farmers, agri-business and refugees – to lead productive and healthy lives, by expanding access and usage of digital services. The main expected outcomes of this new initiative include:
- Rural community members in Uganda (smallholders farmers, agri-business & refugees) have the knowledge, skills and behaviours needed to access and use digital services. They have better access to training and education through digital channels.
- New business models and technologies for delivering services are scaled for rural communities in the education, health, finance, agriculture and energy sector.
- Rural community members have improved access to and increasingly use digital payment accounts.
- The Government of Uganda implements policies that enable access and usage of digital services.
Roles and responsibilities:
Under the supervision of Operations Associate, the staff member will support IDE and other UNCDF programmes in Uganda as required performing the following tasks which are grouped into three functional areas:
Provides reliable and secure driving services of authorized passengers while focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Safely drive UNCDF vehicles for the transport of authorized passengers whenever required;
- Ensure that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accident;
- Local traffic rules and regulations are strictly observed;
- Ensures instructions and security guidance provided by the supervisor and security focal point are strictly followed by the Driver and the passengers during the journey.
Ensures proper use and maintenance of the UNCDF Vehicles while focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Carry out the day-to-day checks on the mechanical status of the vehicle, check oil, water, battery, brakes, tyres, etc. and ensure that the assigned UNCDF vehicles are road worthy and maintained up to the established security standards;
- Conduct minor repairs and inform the Senior driver of any major repairs Ensure that the vehicle is washed and kept clean;
- Log official trips, daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil changes, greasing, servicing done and keeps a log book up to date;
- Demonstrate exemplary driving practices.
Provides administrative support to the UNCDF Country office while focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Timely delivery and collection of mails, documents, UNCDF pouch, supplies and other items;
- Assists with basic operational support to the UNCDF Uganda team on tasks such as photocopying documents and filing.
- People Management;
- Communication & Relationship Management;
Required Skills and Experience
- At least Secondary level education with a valid driving license; qualification in motor vehicle mechanics.
- Minimum of 2 years of practical experience with driving;
- Valid driving license, knowledge of driving rules and regulations;
- Ability to work in remote areas;
- Basic mechanical knowledge and skills in carrying out minor repairs;
- Basic clerical/administrative skills such as typing;
- Good geography knowledge of Kampala city and the country;
- Valid driving license, knowledge of driving rules and regulations.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
How To Apply for UNCDF Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 24th February 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Join our Telegram Channel using the Link: https://t.me/fresherjobsug
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.