Job Title: Digital Finance and Innovation Analyst – UNCDF Jobs 2022
Organization: UN Capital Development Fund (UNCDF)
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
UN Capital Development Fund (UNCDF) Profile:
The UN Capital Development Fund (UNCDF) makes public and private finance work for the poor in the world’s 47 least developed countries (LDCs). With its capital mandate and instruments, UNCDF offers “last mile” finance models that unlock public and private resources, especially at the domestic level, to reduce poverty and support local economic development. This last mile is where available resources for development are scarcest; where market failures are most pronounced; and where benefits from national growth tend to leave people excluded.
The Digital Finance and Innovation Analyst works in close collaboration with the technical team at UNCDF and other project stakeholders to deliver on the digitalization and innovation fund components of the partnership.
Roles and responsibilities:
Implementing the Innovation challenge fund
- Structuring the innovation challenge – end to end, including: planning cohorts, criteria, processes, etc;
- Coming up with terms of reference for the innovation challenge;
- Overseeing the innovation challenge fund calls, selection process, following agreed upon processes and procedures;
- Onboarding emerging winners for the challenge fund;
- Support the grant administration process to the emerging winners (grantees).
Project management and providing technical assistance to implementing partners.
- Working with selected implementing partners, mainly those providing business development services (BDS), to provide capacity building to grantees;
- Providing technical support in the implementation of digitalization tools for the grantees;
- Ensuring harmonized planning and blending of BDS trainings and grant administration to the beneficiaries;
- Ensuring proper project management and quality delivery on the scope, budget, schedule of the innovation challenge fund.
Tracking and reporting on the performance of the innovation challenge fund.
- Maintain up-to-date reports on progress of programme implementation for project partners;
- Lead the drafting process for funding partner reports by collecting inputs from different Partners and ensuring that all parties are using the latest version;
- Ensure on-time review and submission of reports and all relevant annexes.
Monitoring and Evaluation of Projects.
- Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Monitoring of key performance Indicators for Implementing Partners;
- Support Implementing partners on performance reviews & course correction to achieve desired outcomes / targets;
- Coordinate project governance proceedings like steering committee, project team meeting and annual review meetings.
Facilitation of knowledge capture, dissemination and project communication activities.
- Jointly conduct stock taking work and prepare knowledge products (e.g. publications, videos, presentations, images) related to the delivered support activities;
- Coordinate all on field evidence-based learning and documentation;
- On-going management of project learning and dissemination activities and events . This may include organizing and facilitating multi-stakeholder workshops, conducting field research work, etc;
- Support the UNCDF and partners’ learning agenda on the impact of the project interventions undertaken within the target region;
- Support in the development and dissemination of project communication content.
- The applicant for the UN Capital Development Fund (UNCDF) Digital Finance and Innovation Analyst job must hold a Master’s Degree with 2 years of relevant experience or bachelor’s degree with 4 years of relevant experience in Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, Marketing, communication Social Sciences or related field.
- Four years of relevant experience at the national or international level in the areas of project management, innovation management, challenge fund administration;
- Hands-on experience direct implementation of innovation related projects;
- Experience in managing innovations funds;
- Experience working with digital solution providers;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Experience with a UN organization/agency is desirable; along with knowledge of UNCDF/UNDP and the UN system and / or the donor community;
- Knowledgeable about the Uganda context is highly desirable.
- Language: Excellent knowledge of the English language both fluency in oral and written English.
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work;
- Creating an environment of creativity and innovation.
- Ability to persuade others to follow;
- Contributes effectively to team-based activities, working collaboratively and sharing information openly; works effectively with colleagues inside the UNCDF and the UN as well as its partners and other stakeholders to pursue common goals.
- People Management:
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction.
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform;
- Creating and promoting enabling environment for open communication.
- Ability to get things done Ability to produce high-quality outputs in a timely manner while understanding and anticipating the evolving client and programme needs.
- Functional/Technical competencies
- Development and operational efficiency;
- Ability to deliver with minimum supervision.
How To Apply for UNCDF Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 17th February 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.